Username
Password
Coheed & Cambria News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 48 of 48.
10:41 AM on 12/30/12
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
Agreed so, so much. YOTBR is to Coheed what The Resistance is to Muse. It's really a fairly great album, but fans love to hate it to prove how "hardcore" they are. I view it as the album where Coheed embraces their metal side, and Afterman the album where they embrace their progginess.
"The Afterman" might be their least progressive record to date. Not really sure where you got that from... All of the songs are fairly non-adventurous and short, besides "Domino." There's nothing progressive about "The Afterman," "Mothers of Men," "Goodnight Fair Lady," "Holly Wood" "Vic The Butcher" and "Subtraction," and that's like 90% of the record. That obviously isn't a knock on the album though. I loved "Ascension" and I can't wait to "Descension." Maybe the notion of releasing a double album is progressive, but both parts of "The Afterman" are essentially just as long as "Good Apollo 1." Speaking of; their most progressive influenced record would hands down be "Good Apollo 1."
08:27 AM on 12/31/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
"The Afterman" might be their least progressive record to date. Not really sure where you got that from... All of the songs are fairly non-adventurous and short, besides "Domino." There's nothing progressive about "The Afterman," "Mothers of Men," "Goodnight Fair Lady," "Holly Wood" "Vic The Butcher" and "Subtraction," and that's like 90% of the record. That obviously isn't a knock on the album though. I loved "Ascension" and I can't wait to "Descension." Maybe the notion of releasing a double album is progressive, but both parts of "The Afterman" are essentially just as long as "Good Apollo 1." Speaking of; their most progressive influenced record would hands down be "Good Apollo 1."
Yeah, reading this over again I'd agree. I think I took it from Domino and Evagria, as those seem to be their most prog-sounding numbers since GA1.
03:35 PM on 12/31/12
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
Yeah, reading this over again I'd agree. I think I took it from Domino and Evagria, as those seem to be their most prog-sounding numbers since GA1.
Yeah, those would definitely be the two proggiest tracks from A:A haha
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums