AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 97 of 97.
10:41 AM on 12/20/12
sosayweall
User Info.
Bleh. This makes me sad. I didn't mean to offend you. Listen to whatever you want and carry on. Thanks to everyone who I spoke to in this thread that hasn't acted like this.
Haha. It makes me sad that you didn't answer my question. You didn't offend me, I'm just calling out your bullshit. After all, this is a discussion forum. The lesson to learn here is to argue about things you are actually informed about.
10:48 AM on 12/20/12
CollectiveConfusion
User Info.
Haha. It makes me sad that you didn't answer my question. You didn't offend me, I'm just calling out your bullshit. After all, this is a discussion forum. The lesson to learn here is to argue about things you are actually informed about.

Trust me, I'm informed. Give it a few more years and you'll come around and be laughing all about this phase in your life, I promise.
11:30 AM on 12/20/12
sosayweall
User Info.
Trust me, I'm informed. Give it a few more years and you'll come around and be laughing all about this phase in your life, I promise.
Yeah, someone told me that back in '04 and I just keep getting deeper and deeper into the genre. I follow management companies, producers, and record labels now, rather than news websites like AP.net like I did when I first got into the genre back in 1999. It's almost like how some people follow sports leagues like NFL or NHL. If this is just a "phase", then this is one long ass phase and I've been waiting too long for the punchline.
It has been very interesting to see the shifts in popular sounds from straight up metallic hardcore to pop punk leaning hardcore/metal, to atmospheric or post rock leaning, to top 40 club beats. And the use of the sing/scream dynamic and the rise of programming such as glitchy guitar parts or orchestral sections, reverse snares, and bands playing backing tracks live (which I honestly don't care for).
03:12 PM on 12/20/12
Stouffs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Better than AA, yet still very mediocre.
That's it! I'm branding a new term.
Mediocore. Let it be known.
05:18 PM on 12/20/12
thedairyfairy
User Info.
That's it! I'm branding a new term.
Mediocore. Let it be known.
Brilliant.
06:02 PM on 12/22/12
HollywoodDied
Just Another Guy
User Info.
That breakdown intro at 3:17 is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS