Username
Password

02:52 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I like 7 of these. Don't like 7. Haven't heard 16.
10:52 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Some years the critical darlings align pretty well with what I'm into. This year less so. Though I've been on the same page about critically-lauded R&B, which is nice.
01:32 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Wish Frank had been #1, but that Kendrick record is pretty fantastic so no complaints. Grimes is super-boring. Hate Death Grips. Love the placement of Bloom. No use for FlyLo, Ariel Pink or Schoolboy Q either.

Also when did everyone start agreeing with me on that Cloud Nothings record? I feel like I was arguing with a ton of people when I called it shit.

Lots of stuff left to hear on this list though.
11:38 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
So awesome that 12 writers had 'Call Me Maybe' in their top 10 songs, and three had Kiss in their top 10. It's real hard to dislike that album.

Still so weird they didn't review Kiss.
12:19 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Grimes is a snooze, but it's better than being aggressively bad like Death Grips, imo.
08:38 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I like that Pallbearer record a lot. Nice to see me and Henry back in our usual places: opposite sides of any issue. Haha.
08:47 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
i took a listen to that pallbearer listen the other day; i enjoyed it but didn't find it to be nearly as good as converge, baroness, or blut aus nord.

Converge and Baroness are two I can freely admit the quality of, while not liking all that much. Just not stuff I'd ever put on.
10:05 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
When did this stop being an argument about music? It was more interesting as an argument about music.
10:08 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I shit on Death Grips, like, two posts before that and nobody was ragin'...
10:11 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
because your post wasn't "lol no" at someone saying they liked the band.

The difference seems minimal when both are saying "Death Grips is horrible." But whatever floats your boat. Haha.
10:14 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
But it don't mean nothin'. Nothiiiiiiiiiiiin'. Without crying like a girl.

#godfatherofsoul
#sexism

Edit: This was supposed to be after Mal's post. Fuck.
10:18 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
no, id say there's a pretty big difference between expressing distaste for a band and laughing that someone likes the band.

I don't see why you waste your time engaging every time he busts your balls, though. Just seems like it wastes lots of your time. Unless you do it in order to kill time. In which case, play on.

Chris man it's all about syntax. I don't have musical discussions with people and I don't make any interesting quotes because I'm always mean to everyone. I'm not what you call a "good" poster. I'm probably just above average maybe.

It does seem like you discuss your opinions less lately, which bums me out, because yours is an opinion I consider seriously. Or maybe I just don't read threads for albums you're digging anymore, which is definitely a possibility.
10:21 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
this is the first time we've had this issue in a while, i just dont see the need for him to be that way and feel like expressing how i feel. i dont see a problem in that.

To be fair, I'm not around much anymore except in album threads, so I wouldn't really know how often you do or don't anymore. My b.
10:26 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
There's not that many interesting discussions anymore, man. You know that. Look at the people who spend most of their time posting on this site and the way they react to any type of criticism. I find it more entertaining to do what I do and rile them up because otherwise I'd stop posting altogether, aside from keeping up with new shows/movies/albums.

The last interesting thing that I was involved in on the site was probably the Kendrick thread, aside from my weekly Tate arguments.

Yeah it's true, there isn't a ton.

Btw meant to ask in another thread, I know you love the Action Bronson album, but think it's worth it for me to check out? Or prob not up my alley?

Edit: Wish I could find a smaller version. Anyway, you tried.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL WORSE!

Getting slow in my old age.

ive noticed that. miss you, guy

I'm still around, dude. Just trying to focus on talking about music (and occasionally politics or movies) 'cause it makes my life more positive. By all means, quote me or send me a PM about a cool album rec or something whenever.
10:28 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
yeah god knows i don't head into music threads as often as i should. i may have to do that, and feel free to do the same, i know youve always got something i've never even heard of to recommend

Haha. I've always got far too many recs to shove down people's throats. I'm sure everyone got plenty sick of them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets