10:38 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
the only deftones album they reviewed got a 4.3 lol
so I'm dyslexic but I had the right numbers.
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm re-listening to Grizzly Bear right now and don't think it should have been ranked that high.

Yeah, I mean, it sounds nice, but it's forgettable.
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
so I'm dyslexic but I had the right numbers.
you posted before i even refreshed the page haha its impressive you were so close tho
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm re-listening to Grizzly Bear right now and don't think it should have been ranked that high.
I can see why it's a top 10 record for most, it's only in my top 20 however.
10:39 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
I'm not disagreeing, but it's still better than the Kendrick record.

for Kendrick I understand why people are really pushing for it to be this "savior" of mainstream hip hop or whatever. It feels good to some people if they think that there's still hope in the shit genre of rap music because of artists like 2 Chainz or something.

The album is good. It's ambitious and doesn't really fall flat in regards to what it sets out to do. As I've said before, I don't think it is a future classic but I don't think it's bad. I wouldn't call anything on the album "filler" like on ORANGE, but the highs certainly aren't as high.

I've listened to both albums at least 8 or 9 times and can tell all the songs apart on ORANGE. Seeing just the song names on GKMC doesn't really help me. It all kinds of blends together for me and that's where it loses me. I think it's a little too bloated, which I guess makes it cool that it's doing so great.
But I don't fuck with it as much as a lot of people because I disagree with the whole hip hop needs a savior thing
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
you posted before i even refreshed the page haha its impressive you were so close tho
haha I think I just remembered because I looked it up a few weeks ago because I was wondering if they ever reviewed the band since they didn't write anything on Koi No Yokan.
User Info.
saywhatever
Florida
Male
Yeah, I mean, it sounds nice, but it's forgettable.
Yeah pretty much sums it up.
I can see why it's a top 10 record for most, it's only in my top 20 however.
I didn't rank it in my list, probably because I didn't listen much. It's not bad. It's just pretty boring imo.
10:40 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
hurts deep that perfy g got left out
10:40 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Grizzly Bear is kind of boring.
10:41 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
I think i'm really surprised cat power (7.9) got like #26. really high for that score i think
10:41 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
I've fallen out of love with Shields a little but it's still a really really good album.

I just can't get over how much coverage they gave to Passion Pit, Baroness and Perfume Genius to just leave them off completely. Especially Passion Pit, they did stuff with Michael left and right towards the end of the summer. And then they covered the bus crash very heavily with Baroness. It seemed to me that in the past when they wrote about an artist a lot it indicated some kind of general consensus at the site that they were putting out really good music. Whatever.
10:42 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
for Kendrick I understand why people are really pushing for it to be this "savior" of mainstream hip hop or whatever. It feels good to some people if they think that there's still hope in the shit genre of rap music because of artists like 2 Chainz or something.

The album is good. It's ambitious and doesn't really fall flat in regards to what it sets out to do. As I've said before, I don't think it is a future classic but I don't think it's bad. I wouldn't call anything on the album "filler" like on ORANGE, but the highs certainly aren't as high.

I've listened to both albums at least 8 or 9 times and can tell all the songs apart on ORANGE. Seeing just the song names on GKMC doesn't really help me. It all kinds of blends together for me and that's where it loses me. I think it's a little too bloated, which I guess makes it cool that it's doing so great.
But I don't fuck with it as much as a lot of people because I disagree with the whole hip hop needs a savior thing
plus we all know Danny Brown is the real savior of hip-hop
User Info.
Star Slight
I think everyone needs to stop worrying about the OG score of the album and how it's placed on the list. I don't think it correlates that much
User Info.
Star Slight
plus we all know Danny Brown is the real savior of hip-hop

All my money is on Joey B. If that kid doesn't do anything it's even more wasted potential than Wale
10:43 PM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old

I mean, I basically agree with this, and as much as try to separate music from the hype I find it hard to do with Kendrick.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos