02:48 PM on 12/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Saying this to add to the shit storm comments here or are you serious? Ha

I'm serious, that's what I heard. Haha
03:03 PM on 12/20/12
jacobcm
User Info.
Does anyone have any real way of knowing the first weeks sales? It didn't seem to chart, according to Hits Daily Double.

Kinda surprised, I understand they disappeared for a little bit...but I still assumed we'd see 20-35K move this week. Although, I guess I'm not all that surprised considering AAR coming off their most successful record ever only sold 17K with Kids in the Street.
04:31 PM on 12/20/12
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Holy crap, looks like this charted only 134 on the Billboard 200 according to the BB website? :http://www.billboard.com/album/boys-...rld-lp/1721009

I know the band's "stock" has gone down over the years, but damn guess barely anybody but their fans knew they had something new out.
05:10 PM on 12/20/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Gave it a chance...all I hear is an average-at-best pop-rock band making average-at-best pop music. The singer's voice sounds considerably better than how I remember it though, so there's a plus. Did I just remember them poorly or does it almost sound like an entirely different singer?
06:11 PM on 12/20/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
"First Time" and "Leaving California" are great pop songs. The rest is more or less disposable.
07:11 PM on 12/20/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
"First Time" and "Leaving California" are great pop songs. The rest is more or less disposable.
I thought "Crazy World" and "Take Me Home" were the two best on there. "Leaving California" probably comes in just after those two. I think I'd like this album a lot more if some of the chorus' weren't so weak.
07:11 PM on 12/20/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Gave it a chance...all I hear is an average-at-best pop-rock band making average-at-best pop music. The singer's voice sounds considerably better than how I remember it though, so there's a plus. Did I just remember them poorly or does it almost sound like an entirely different singer?
He's always had a pretty great voice imo.
07:13 PM on 12/20/12
hiddentrack
I feel fine when you’re in my head.
User Info.
I thought this was going to be his solo album as well considering he wrote the entire thing himself. Kinda weird.
07:20 PM on 12/20/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I thought this was going to be his solo album as well considering he wrote the entire thing himself. Kinda weird.
I thought he did that with their first album too?

Never mind, he apparently only wrote half of that one.
07:20 PM on 12/20/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I thought "Crazy World" and "Take Me Home" were the two best on there. "Leaving California" probably comes in just after those two. I think I'd like this album a lot more if some of the chorus' weren't so weak.

I don't much care for "Crazy World." Can't really remember "Take Me Home," haha. But you're right, a lot of the choruses here just never really take off, which is surprising, since the ones they put on the EP had some of the biggest hooks they've written.
07:26 PM on 12/20/12
pepster50
User Info.
Self-titled was real good, Love Drunk was okay, this is mediocre at best. It is not the style change; this whole album just feels lazy. I don't understand the rating. The vocals are the only redeemable part of this album. This is radio friendly pop-rock done bad. Disappointed.
07:30 PM on 12/20/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Heard somewhere this was originally going to be Martin's solo album.
from what i gathered, he was saving his favorite songs he wrote on his own and with others for this record, was going to do it himself, and then decided he wanted to get the band back together.
07:33 PM on 12/20/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
also, i wasn't expecting a lot of people to really like this, but fuck all of these negative responses. this record's easily better than love drunk, and comes close to their self-titled, if not surpassing it. so catchy, and martin sounds awesome. it's a bit of a change from their previous work, but it's still the same band. i think the only problem is that it came out at the wrong time. can't wait to drive around to this record next summer.
08:37 PM on 12/20/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
also, i wasn't expecting a lot of people to really like this, but fuck all of these negative responses. this record's easily better than love drunk, and comes close to their self-titled, if not surpassing it. so catchy, and martin sounds awesome. it's a bit of a change from their previous work, but it's still the same band. i think the only problem is that it came out at the wrong time. can't wait to drive around to this record next summer.
No way it surpasses self-titled. I think I like Love Drunk more too, but there are definitely songs on here that beat everything on that one.
09:57 PM on 12/20/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
this album fucking rules, really don't understand the hate for it. shrug.

It's so boring. Nothing stands out on it
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News