Username
Password

05:44 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
Not sure what happened to this project, but looks like another reboot is in the works. I'm assuming it's a completely different project unless somehow it got handed off to a different production co.

The Twilight Zone Being Rebooted By Brian Singer And CBS

Quote:
Despite having been revived twice since originally airing from 1959-1964, "The Twilight Zone" will get another shot at the small-screen, various sources report. Bryan Singer (X-MEN, THE USUAL SUSPECTS) will executive produce, develop and possibly direct the pilot of the rebooted series, which is set up at CBS TV Studios.

The project is in the very early stages, so no network has attached itself yet - and indeed, there's no guarantee it will ever see the light of day - but as Deadline.com notes, CBS is an obvious destination since CBS TV Studios owns the rights to the classic series.

A writer is being sought to pen the pilot episode, but all other details are scarce. This is an intriguing development to be sure, considering the fact that a "Twilight Zone" movie has been in development at Warner Bros. for over two years. A few different writers have toiled over that screenplay, and Matt Reeves is apparently still in line to direct. (Although with DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES front and center, his involvement with the movie could now be up in the air.)

Perhaps the recent popularity of horror television, namely shows like "The Walking Dead" and "American Horror Story", is to thank (?) for this, but it's worth reminding that a program like "The Twilight Zone" is a completely different beast. Anthology series always prove to be difficult to pull off, and the challenge is doubled when you wear the name "Twilight Zone", which for my money is the best genre television show ever aired.

Thoughts on how this might turn out? Anyone interested?
05:48 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Nope. Nope. Nope nope nope nope. I've eased my position on remakes/sequels recently, but this WILL NOT WORK. They've tried it twice already (and once on film), and they all suck. No Serling, no good.
06:16 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
No Serling, no good.
07:29 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
I could go for a new X-Files though.
07:31 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
Didn't they try to reboot this show in the 80's? I remember this show being in color, and being an hour long, not sure when it was remade.

I always look forward to those national holidays where they play a marathon. I think sci-fi has already said New Years Day is going to be full of Twilight Zone.
07:38 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Didn't they try to reboot this show in the 80's? I remember this show being in color, and being an hour long, not sure when it was remade.

I always look forward to those national holidays where they play a marathon. I think sci-fi has already said New Years Day is going to be full of Twilight Zone.
And like ten years ago, too. Forest Whittaker hosted. I think it was on UPN.
07:47 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Completely against this. I understand that people want to reboot things for whatever reason but there is no possible way you could recreate this show and expect to be as good as the original. The OG Twilight Zone is without no doubts one of the finest television shows ever put on air, it's basically timeless. There is no way the show could be rebooted and have the same quality of writing and acting, it just can't happen.
07:50 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male

I love me some Forest, underrated actor, IMO. His role in The Color of Money was awesome.
07:51 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I remember watching the remake of The Eye of The Beholder on that and it was just awful. At least that Korn theme song was cool.
07:55 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I will argue though that the film had it's moments, I felt that Landis' bit was good even with the real life tragedy attached to it.
08:05 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
I will argue though that the film had it's moments, I felt that Landis' bit was good even with the real life tragedy attached to it.
The opening car scene still scares the crap out of me. That's about it, though.
08:07 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old

Still creepy
08:08 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male

I loved that scene, I loved most of that movie also.
08:10 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
I love me some Forest, underrated actor, IMO. His role in The Color of Money was awesome.

I agree about the underrated part. It's just so hard to get over his crazy eyes ha.
08:10 AM on 12/20/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
I agree about the underrated part. It's just so hard to get over his crazy eyes ha.

Eye* haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version