User Info.
Quote:
The concert industry is dead.

Not really..
10:39 AM on 12/20/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
No, but people make less money than we all might think. There are just too many acts on the road these days leaving consumers spread too thin.
Well that's the way the artists make their money directly..by touring. There aren't enough markets out there for all of these acts, you're correct. Maybe a 2 US tour cycle for each album and an international tour for each band? That could work. There are bands out there still supporting the same album they came out with like 4 years ago.
10:25 PM on 12/20/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Yeah, I think people just get burned out on the same bands. Like...some bands play my area 5-6 times a year and they downgrade venue sizes as they continue because people just won't come back to see them over and over.
Yeah man. Now bands are figuring, "Well, we can jump on that whole 10 year anniversary banwagon shit" and they come around to the same areas. Senses Fail is guilty of coming around the same areas a lot. How many different tours were they on to support the last album into the greatest hits album? At least 5-6. I live right outside NYC and there are novelty acts like The Dan Band that play the same show at least 4x a year in the same venue! I think the Saw Doctors and Blues Traveler come to Irving Plaza twice a year. All of them are great acts but the draw is just die hards and people who get 2 for 1 deals from Live Nation.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos