Username
Password

08:10 PM on 01/04/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Happiness is just a moment.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
Spent all day watching the cricket. India never even looked like getting a wicket today. What a captain's knock from Clarkey, especially the selflessness he showed to declare when he was only 6 off beating Taylor and Bradman's 334. Top bloke.
04:17 AM on 01/05/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
i really hope this gets everyone off his back, i never understood the hate. i think it might, my friend who hates him (but cant give a good reason why) said today "you know he's not too bad a bloke" so maybe!!!

i was predicting slog it til tea and then just take 2-4 overs after tea and declare, just to annoy the indians. but i'm sure he knows best (plus was prob a smart move to show the public he is a team man, not that going to tea wouldve been a selfish move)
I never got the hate either, some of my friends think it's because of his reputation as a 'pretty boy'? Perhaps people are jealous or something, he always came off a good guy and someone who loved his cricket.

Yeah everyone was expecting that, the look on Mark Taylor's face when he declared said it all. Definitely picked up some respect for that selfless act. Hopefully bad weather won't stop us from getting a well deserved (and historic) win.
10:16 PM on 01/05/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
What a comprehensive victory for the Aussies today. Great day of cricket, India's tail played some great shots and kept the game exciting. Clarke bowls a couple of overs and gets Tendulker, that guy can do no wrong at the moment.
01:20 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
i have no reason to back my statement up, but i really dislike bollinger.

haddin needs to get dropped like all the catches he shouldve taken

hahahha.

Wade has ripping it up in the CWB series. Probably won't see haddin play another ODI. Not too sure about Wade's potential as a test replacement though.
02:06 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
i think you have to give him a shot in the test side surely. haddin isnt playing well at all so really there's not much to lose by giving wade a game or two and see how he performs.

we'll need a new keeper eventually, even if haddin regains for now. he's not going to be around forever. give bloke a chance to show what he's got. itll make any future transition a lot easier
I think Paine is ahead of Wade in terms of test replacement for haddin. They need to give someone a go though, otherwise id haddin actually plays till retirement they will have to throw someone into the deep end with no international test experience. Next test series is a while away though and unless haddin is injured i bet you he will be on that plane the carribean.
05:26 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
the problem with australian test cricket i think is that they do just that. they keep selecting the same people no matter what without being open to new ideas and options of different players. so of course they're gonna keep playing haddin. the same way they kept playing marsh. he shouldve been dropped much sooner than he was imo
Definitely agree with that. At least we're not as bad as India when it comes to giving the new guys a go. I think the problem with the whole Marsh thing was that Clarke is selecter and captain and i don't think he can make the tough decisions to drop players given how close he is to some of them. In an interview he said that he saw Marsh was always down at the nets even when training wasn't on. I reckon he saw all the effort and felt too sorry for the guy to drop him, kept on giving him one more match hoping he would come good. Sure he puts in a lot of effort but single digit scores aren't going to cut it.
05:54 PM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm convinced that SMarsh spent the summer match fixing. No one can play that bad thats actually trying.

I'll still never get over how Brad Hodge can kill it for Aust. Get dropped. Then continue to be the best state player for years and not ever get picked. He must've slept with the selectors wife

My test team if all fit

1 Warner
2 Cowen (not proven yet, but has it in him)
3 Punter (I don't know what to do with him. Before summer I wanted him to retire before he ruined his legacy, but now he has performed, but should he go out on a high?)
4 Clarke
5 Christian (sorry Huss, it killed me "retiring you)
6 Watto (done amazing at opening, but got him this low to extend his career if he wants to bat and bowl in all 3 forms)
7 Wade (maybe could go to #3 he seems better opening than in middle in the short forms)
8 siddle
9 cummins
10 Hilfy
11 Lyon (not sure on him yet, he'd make way for a quick at waca etc)

Close. Ye ol Pattinson, starc, Harris

Lot of quality quicks which is good for rotation system

And my boy Bolli. Paineys injury came at an unlucky time. Wade has jumped him

hahahahahhaahaha

Not a bad team there, i would have pattinson or starc instead of hilfy though (if i remember correctly you have some sort of man crush on hilfy). I'd rather watto opened, not really sure what to do with cowen though, maybe middle order somewhere. I like wade where he is, sort of reminiscent of Gilly in tests.
04:15 AM on 03/08/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
I'd like to take a moment to thank God for Warner, Watson and McKay.

And fuck Lee. I hate him so much.
Cutting it close there, Lee leaks so many runs it's ridiculous. Not what you want when you are defending a small total. Luckily McKay is a machine.
12:44 AM on 09/15/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
T20's are usually a good spectacle and I enjoying watching them; it's not 'real cricket' though.

Plus it's just not summer without watching test cricket in the boiling heat.
07:34 PM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
I watched the game last night. I thought we were certainties to lose after West Indies scored 190 off their twenty overs, but we put in a terrific chase before the rain intervened. Also, my man crush on Watson only continues to flourish after his performance too.
Great bowler, batter and sexy beast = complete package

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version