AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Against Me! News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27.
03:53 PM on 12/20/12
EmoErk
User Info.
haha this is still a show? i remember being a little guy and hating every time it came on and interrupted music videos (for you young kids mtv used to play these things called music videos 80% of the time when i was a kid, before that they did 100% of the time)
05:20 PM on 12/20/12
adyinghippo
my gundam is my mentor
User Info.
haha this is still a show? i remember being a little guy and hating every time it came on and interrupted music videos (for you young kids mtv used to play these things called music videos 80% of the time when i was a kid, before that they did 100% of the time)

Haha...whoa wait... Huh? You mean MTV wasn't always a beacon for the young, rich, and fashionable? Tell me more about this magical and obscure time. Nah but seriously, I remember being 14ish when Fuse first came out and i loved it because for a month or two they played Brand New's music videos from Deja and Yellowcard at least twice an hour a piece it seemed like. But hey, why not four or five times an hour?
06:03 PM on 12/20/12
EmoErk
User Info.
Haha...whoa wait... Huh? You mean MTV wasn't always a beacon for the young, rich, and fashionable? Tell me more about this magical and obscure time. Nah but seriously, I remember being 14ish when Fuse first came out and i loved it because for a month or two they played Brand New's music videos from Deja and Yellowcard at least twice an hour a piece it seemed like. But hey, why not four or five times an hour?
see MTV2 came out to show videos then that became only rap. i think its just shows now. And yea man when i was in high school Fuse was just amazing. The Used/TBS/Brand New/TSL. Last time i looked at that channel i saw they were playing only Brittney Spears videos for 2 straight hours.
06:15 PM on 12/20/12
adyinghippo
my gundam is my mentor
User Info.
see MTV2 came out to show videos then that became only rap. i think its just shows now. And yea man when i was in high school Fuse was just amazing. The Used/TBS/Brand New/TSL. Last time i looked at that channel i saw they were playing only Brittney Spears videos for 2 straight hours.

By the time i started getting into music videos MTV2 was making the transition away from playing videos, but fuse was where it was at for awhile. Last time i tried Fuse out many moons ago though, i couldnt even find stevens untitled rock show or reruns, only to find out they cancelled it. It was the best of times... it was the worst of times....
07:27 PM on 12/20/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Your copy of Reinventing Axl Rose was probably recorded digitally so technically speaking listening to it on any record player isn't really doing much more for you than listening to a high quality file of it on your computer.
This could be incorrect. CD's are still digitally compressed to a 44.1/16 sound, whereas a digitally recorded master file can be as high as 192/24 sound, which is uncompressed. If that 192/24 master file is pressed directly to vinyl, whether the original file is digital or not, it will be a 1:1 copy and sound better than a CD or anything you can listen to on tiny music speakers, which are both compressed digital files.
08:08 PM on 12/20/12
makeoutmags
every moment bleeds into one
User Info.
[quote=OldSchoolReason;116782202]This could be incorrect. CD's are still digitally compressed to a 44.1/16 sound, whereas a digitally recorded master file can be as high as 192/24 sound, which is uncompressed. If that 192/24 master file is pressed directly to vinyl, whether the original file is digital or not, it will be a 1:1 copy and sound better than a CD or anything you can listen to on tiny music speakers, which are both compressed digital files.[/]

Ooooh I was outnerded.
09:03 PM on 12/20/12
hiya
User Info.
I thought this was nicely put together.
10:23 PM on 12/20/12
foreversleeper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am very impressed by her and proud that she feels so comfortable "coming out" as a transgender woman. She looks fantastic and seems really happy! I am also so surprised and glad to know that her wife seems so supportive of her!
01:11 AM on 12/21/12
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
This could be incorrect. CD's are still digitally compressed to a 44.1/16 sound, whereas a digitally recorded master file can be as high as 192/24 sound, which is uncompressed. If that 192/24 master file is pressed directly to vinyl, whether the original file is digital or not, it will be a 1:1 copy and sound better than a CD or anything you can listen to on tiny music speakers, which are both compressed digital files.
post / username
07:23 AM on 12/21/12
BrandonLocke
Michigan / USA
User Info.
Yup. Because nothing is "more punk" that judging people because of what they wear.
I wasn't casting judgement on what she wears, I just do not care what she wears.

...I guess I didn't help by watching a video called "House of Style", so that's my own fault, haha.
10:31 AM on 12/21/12
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this..
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives