Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 71.
12:52 PM on 12/21/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
This is just like Thomas' With the Punches review... Should be entertaining to read these comments.
01:12 PM on 12/21/12
pepster50
User Info.
I agree with most that you say but dude listen to "Homewrecker" and "Final Thoughts" again. Wayyyy better than "Arrows Crossed". Most of the album is fodder, but it has a few standout tracks that I think could be long lasting; for me at least. Overall, this album could have been better, hopefully they can pull it together for their next release.
01:18 PM on 12/21/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Nothing particularly new or exciting on this album, I'll give you that, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Catchy and fun.
this describes how many 100s of pop punk bands out there?
01:25 PM on 12/21/12
tylerg220
User Info.
I agree with everything you said. It's too bad for Major League cause they are a good band, but honestly pop punk is getting awful. it's the same mind-numbing shit with each album, and I enjoy the genre less and less with the exception of a few notable band like TWY, fireworks, and tssf.
01:26 PM on 12/21/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I agree with most that you say but dude listen to "Homewrecker" and "Final Thoughts" again. Wayyyy better than "Arrows Crossed". Most of the album is fodder, but it has a few standout tracks that I think could be long lasting; for me at least. Overall, this album could have been better, hopefully they can pull it together for their next release.
Those 2 songs are seriously so good
01:27 PM on 12/21/12
tylerg220
User Info.
haha what the hell? this album is solid as hell, it's a bunch of fun high tempo songs, just how pop punk should be.
The author says in the review that if this is what you like then you'll enjoy this album. It's not bad at all, it's just a mimic of all the other mediocre albums that have come out in the genre recently.
01:29 PM on 12/21/12
ArTkY_
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
User Info.
Trying to decide what the Scott Weber diss song will be named this time. With a band name like Major League, I'm guessing "You're Out" or "Stealing Bases" are possibilities
hahahaha
02:00 PM on 12/21/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
this describes how many 100s of pop punk bands out there?
And I enjoy them all for the same reasons.
02:15 PM on 12/21/12
FiendCameron
Why Didn't You Kill Yourself Today?
User Info.
yeah I found this record pretty boring. I like maybe 3 songs, their EP's were better
this. So many better pop punk releases this year, this one was just boring. And I love their EPs.
02:19 PM on 12/21/12
Siren
asdf
User Info.
There are so many bands out there that do this same sound except better.
03:04 PM on 12/21/12
Farva2
Registered Member
User Info.
Overall the album is meh with a few standouts (homewrecker, because heaven knows)
03:37 PM on 12/21/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I liked this record way more then most Pop Punk albums. It's better then Handguns, I Call Fives, With The Punches etc
03:47 PM on 12/21/12
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
User Info.
Trying to decide what the Scott Weber diss song will be named this time. With a band name like Major League, I'm guessing "You're Out" or "Stealing Bases" are possibilities
"Foul Ball" as well. I like "you're out" the most, though.
This band clearly has no marbles.

hahaha.
05:45 PM on 12/21/12
surefire1017
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I dunno it seems like music reviews give an immediate 70 plus for something outside the box even if its almost unbearable to listen to, but when theres something that's not innovative its panned as rehashed even if its a good representation of the genre. I think as far as "conventional" pop punk goes it was one of the better albums this year.
07:16 PM on 12/21/12
Steve P.
User Info.
Album is really boring, major disappointment for me, seeing that their prior releases have some very good songs. This band has fallen into the boring/generic cluster of pop punk bands that I just don't like to listen to since there are many bands in the genre who do it much better. I see I Call Fives, With The Punches, State Champs and Real Friends in this group, and the new Handguns falls into that category for me, as well. It's a shame because I like Major League's EPs and the split with Giants at Large (who put out a record this year called Doubt that is way way way better than Hard Feelings; I'd advise anyone into pop punk to give them a listen.)
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums