AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Sea Legs Release Dad Punchers Self-Titled LP, New Project of Touche...

Posted by - 10:54 AM on 12/21/12
Sea Legs recently signed Los Angeles based Dad Punchers, the newest project from Elliot Babin, drummer of Touche Amore and DNF. This the first release for the label - buy it on iTunes or Vinyl. Stream "Redwoods" on Soundcloud.

Track Listing
1) Tire Swing
2) Redwoods
3) E. Coli
4) Post-Coital Tristesse
5) Morningside
6) Dirty Dishes & The Mold
7) Cul De Sac
8) Bug Flipper
9) Backstock
10) Rom Com
11) Self-loathing

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
10:55 AM on 12/21/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.

Press ReleaseSea Legs is honored to announce the signing of Los Angeles based Dad Punchers. Dad Punchers is the newest project from Elliot Babin, drummer of Touche Amore and DNF. Since 2009, he has found himself on a demanding eight months out of the year tour schedule. In the brief interludes back home in L.A., Babin started writing and recording his own songs. The result is Dad Punchers, a nostalgic, sometimes searing dissection of Babin's life and the people he has met in his time abroad. The 11 tracks on this "bummer punk" debut LP touch on gender roles, codependency, romantic comedy films, consumerism, body image, dwelling on the past, and living while always moving.

This the first release for Long Beach, CA label Sea Legs. Sea Legs was started by Merrick Jarmulowicz who splits his time as the booking agent for Touché Amore, Title Fight, Balance and Composure, Tigers Jaw and more. Dad Punchers s/t LP was recorded at Alex Estrada's Earth Capital Studios with Joyce Manor's Matt Ebert playing bass and providing backup vocals.
11:33 AM on 12/21/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
I like the new direction. Not sure how I feel about him as a vocalist yet though.
05:03 PM on 12/21/12
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
really dig this, and pretty much anything that has to do with Touche Amore.
05:55 PM on 12/21/12
CarlFarbman
last.fm/user/CarlFarbman
User Info.
Anyone know of a stream for the whole album (not just samples)?

I would probably buy it if I could hear more then one whole song from it. Hearing only one whole song is kind of a gamble.
10:35 PM on 12/21/12
signal to noise
User Info.
Purchased. love everything Elliot does. even have one of the few DP cassettes. doesn't hurt that he's a very swell gentleman as well.
04:50 PM on 12/23/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Pretty decent, I like it. Its definitely better than anything Touche Amore has done.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos