Username
Password

Comments: Page 1212
Displaying posts 18165 - 18180 of 18285
01:16 AM on 02/13/13
likedyingy0ung
The Sap In My Selfish Glass
User Info.
yeah you ungrateful bastards...SHONE gives and gives but all you do is take and take, sucking from the teat of the accardi tit. how dare all of you...how dare you.
I've listened to barking dogs that have made more sense than some of the things you post >.>
05:03 AM on 02/13/13
CargoCult
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really think it's fair to be disappointed and confused at this point. It's an appropriate response in my opinion and it isn't us being negative or ungrateful, it's us recognizing that things aren't completely lining up. It's us admitting that we were thrown off by this chaotic gap in the story.

Shone very obviously gave us the impression that this was all going somewhere. Shone got people to physically go search for the puzzle pieces and then sit down and discuss with other people what it all meant and where it was going.

They also clearly sent the message that we will receive answers or that things will lead up to something significant, at least.

I don't agree that Shone doesn't owe anyone anything. With the kind of campaign they created, they made themselves responsible to follow through.

Instead what happened was a little bit chaotic and unorganized. Unlike the campaign everyone has been diligently keeping up on. It seemed like the Shone that performed the other night wasn't the same Shone that had been orchestrating the extremely clever and involved campaign for the past two months. I'm sure a lot of people were thrown off. Yeah, the band is pretty good but I think it's ok to have been expecting more. We were led to think that the show would be the big reveal or that something very special was waiting but instead it was sort of like they just came on stage recognized that the letters were a thing that they did that one time and then just left. :/ Very confusing.

Hopefully there really is more to come, so far everything has been very anti-climactic. It really feels like Shone led us on. Here's to hoping the conclusion to the next chapter isn't as non existent as this one was.
05:09 AM on 02/13/13
CargoCult
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm starting to wonder if they didn't think it would really garner this much attention. I think that they just kinda dropped the ball on this. They made so many "promises" with the campaign, got us all to follow this story and guess at where it could have led but there was just no pay off. That's not to say that more isn't coming but we have nothing to go on right now and this lapse in the campaign is detrimental. They built so much allure and then didn't follow through with it. We all expected the theatricality and mystique to have a reason but we're stuck here still asking why. Why the cat make-up? Who is Levi? What is Heat Thing?

I sort of got that feeling, too. Like maybe Shone is as thrown off as we are. Perhaps they didn't expect the campaign to have been taken this seriously/gotten this big/didn't know what to expect. It's a possibility.
07:44 AM on 02/13/13
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
Just curious...what are the best shone fan pages? Also, where can I find lyrics?
07:55 AM on 02/13/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
I've listened to barking dogs that have made more sense than some of the things you post >.>

yeah but what are you gonna do about it?
08:54 AM on 02/13/13
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
I really think it's fair to be disappointed and confused at this point. It's an appropriate response in my opinion and it isn't us being negative or ungrateful, it's us recognizing that things aren't completely lining up. It's us admitting that we were thrown off by this chaotic gap in the story.

Shone very obviously gave us the impression that this was all going somewhere. Shone got people to physically go search for the puzzle pieces and then sit down and discuss with other people what it all meant and where it was going.

They also clearly sent the message that we will receive answers or that things will lead up to something significant, at least.

I don't agree that Shone doesn't owe anyone anything. With the kind of campaign they created, they made themselves responsible to follow through.

Instead what happened was a little bit chaotic and unorganized. Unlike the campaign everyone has been diligently keeping up on. It seemed like the Shone that performed the other night wasn't the same Shone that had been orchestrating the extremely clever and involved campaign for the past two months. I'm sure a lot of people were thrown off. Yeah, the band is pretty good but I think it's ok to have been expecting more. We were led to think that the show would be the big reveal or that something very special was waiting but instead it was sort of like they just came on stage recognized that the letters were a thing that they did that one time and then just left. :/ Very confusing.

Hopefully there really is more to come, so far everything has been very anti-climactic. It really feels like Shone led us on. Here's to hoping the conclusion to the next chapter isn't as non existent as this one was.
Just because the album's out and we know who's in the band doesn't mean the campaign is over.
09:12 AM on 02/13/13
dmnqkzch
bounty hunter.
User Info.
Just because the album's out and we know who's in the band doesn't mean the campaign is over.
Exactly.
09:50 AM on 02/13/13
bigg_tuna
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why is there so much hate all of a sudden?
10:02 AM on 02/13/13
seanzyf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just curious...what are the best shone fan pages? Also, where can I find lyrics?
If you're on reddit, the r/Shone subreddit is pretty cool. There's also a link to the Google doc that was originally compiled here on there as well.
10:19 AM on 02/13/13
jsquaredyo
User Info.
I sort of got that feeling, too. Like maybe Shone is as thrown off as we are. Perhaps they didn't expect the campaign to have been taken this seriously/gotten this big/didn't know what to expect. It's a possibility.

It seems like they were open to the idea of interviews when Crit asked (if I'm remembering correctly). I'm excited for when we can actually hear a solid interview from their perspective.
10:34 AM on 02/13/13
vaguestcargo
When I disappear...
User Info.

I've been trying to figure out how to articulate these feelings for a couple days now and think you nailed it. Somehow this thread turned into rabid fanboyism almost overnight, where anytime someone said "i wish that Shone would have..." or "it's a shame it just ended..." it means you're a hater and a complainer and Shone doesn't owe you anything.

The truth is, Shone didn't do this whole viral campaign "for us" like everyone keeps saying; they did it for themselves, knowing full well the album wouldn't have sold a fraction of what it likely did had they just dropped it per the normal avenues, and that show absolutely wouldn't have sold out in seconds (or at all) if they were clear about the "who" and "what" behind the band. Yeah, it was tons of fun to follow the letters and discussions and meetups, even after it wasn't Brand New 2.0 (for the record, i never believed it had anything to do with Brand New...so it wasn't 'let down' for me), but with the campaign currently where it's at it sorta feels like they came out on stage, laughed in our faces for obsessing for so long and said "thanks for all of the $$$, bitches!" and shut the whole thing down.

Yes, we can hold on to hope. Maybe the campaign isn't over, but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing significant comes from "Levi ever again. They got what they wanted... tons of preorders, a sold out show and a small army of users that are getting quite versed at "haters gonna hate" when someone brings up a valid complaint in their precious thread(s). When they've already proven the can attain this kind of attention off a thorough viral campaign that has damn near nothing to do with the music itself, why would they hurt themselves to force the pieces to fit together when they dont have to?

Anyway, I like the album. Spin it almost daily. This hater isn't hating on the band, just the laziness at the end of the campaign. And yeah, I think this is the end.
11:20 AM on 02/13/13
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.

This.

This is the conversation I wanted to have. But I just got a lot of knee jerk reactions accusing me of hating on the campaign, which I understand considering the amount of terrible people coming in here and being fucking obnoxious about the whole thing. But I think we can have this sort of conversation about expectations and where we think they missed the mark without being disparaging or hating at all.

I mean I've been active pretty frequently in this thread and loved all of this a lot and have always been supportive and I was never trying to be negative or hateful, just thought we could discuss the campaign and what is happening in this lull.
12:16 PM on 02/13/13
likedyingy0ung
The Sap In My Selfish Glass
User Info.
yeah but what are you gonna do about it?
Tell you, undoubtedly.
12:19 PM on 02/13/13
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shirts and a sweater should be up for sale soon:

12:28 PM on 02/13/13
atlastitsok
User Info.
compiled googledocs with our attempt at lyrics here: http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.p...#post118494441

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos