Username
Password

08:45 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Pitch your ideas.

I'd like to see a period drama series that spans the whole decade of the 1970's about the rise and fall of a Rock band , like Almost Famous meets Mad Men.
09:04 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 22 Years Old
I'd like to see a telenovela about the miserable lives of central floridians and how they cope with an impending Four Loko ban. Sort of like Jersey Shore meets The Twilight Zone.
09:05 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
I'd like to see a telenovela about the miserable lives of central floridians and how they cope with an impending Four Loko ban. Sort of like Jersey Shore meets The Twilight Zone.
I would watch.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not but something sorta like that done Harmony Korine-esque would be awesome.
The theme song would be Against Me's We Laugh At Danger (And Break All The Rules).

Coincidentally the next Korine movie actually takes place in my city.
09:17 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
A show about Wake Up's real life.
06:23 AM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Guess our wishes don't do dishes
Chicago, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
Pitch your ideas.

I'd like to see a period drama series that spans the whole decade of the 1970's about the rise and fall of a Rock band , like Almost Famous meets Mad Men.

This but with 80's punk or 90's emo is the TV show that I would love to see but I know will probably never happen.
07:05 AM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
S. Carolina
Female - 25 Years Old
A show about Wake Up's real life.

Would watch
09:04 AM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 26 Years Old

It was a rough time for a lot of people around here.
09:45 AM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
Smash Adams
make my wish come true
Long Island
Male - 26 Years Old
To Catfish A Predator, a girl thinks she meets a 16 year old guy who's in a band because of course he is, turns out he's fat and old and a dad yuck
03:16 PM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
It's 2016 and the end of the world. Jesus returns to earth, first appearing to a reluctant young male Palestinian terrorist, pressured by his family, about to suicide bomb a temple. Christ explains that he is the chosen one, to help him warn the world of their impending doom and need to repent. Christ is a little bit darker-skinned than often depicted and is a skilled communicator, even to a modern audience.

They start locally and eventually decide that the best way to broadcast their message to the most people in time for the apocalypse is to travel to Hollywood. Hilarity naturally ensues. They preach to various people in various situations along the way, and learn, as the audience does, that the people you'd expect aren't always the ones most receptive to Christ's message.

Christ eventually manages to get his time on international TV in some way, and there's a powerful summarizing speech, as the camera cuts to different people around the world, some of whom we saw earlier, and their reactions. The resolution is open-ended.
03:37 PM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
08:17 PM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
xapplexpiex
&.&
Warren, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
so...like when Cartman pretended to be Awesome-o and pitched Adam Sandler movie ideas...?
11:04 PM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Ushers

A scripted, lower budget comedy about a group of teens-twentysomethings who work at a crappy, rundown movie theater. They get into shananigans with each other and customers. Stuff like dealing with kids sneaking into rated R movies, one of the guys selling movie snacks in a trench coat much cheaper than the concession bar. Maybe an episode dealing with one of the employees being racist and not letting black people into a horror movie.

This has almost the exact feel of Party Down meets The League, I realize. But I think it might be kind of fun.
11:17 PM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
Pittsburgh
Male - 25 Years Old
the "jack peoples ideas" thread
11:21 PM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Alot of war movies that should be made.
Biopic about legendary marine corp sniper Carlos Hathcock
Biopic about the most decorated marine in american history Gen. Smedley Butler who famously said "War is a racket"
Film about former Catholic priest and Army Chaplain Charles Liteky who received the Medal Of Honor in Vietnam and later left the priesthood to become an anti war/social justice activist and is the only person ever to renounce and give back their Medal Of Honor.
A big budget Korean War "band of brothers style" mini series would be great.
11:48 PM on 12/22/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Ushers

A scripted, lower budget comedy about a group of teens-twentysomethings who work at a crappy, rundown movie theater. They get into shananigans with each other and customers. Stuff like dealing with kids sneaking into rated R movies, one of the guys selling movie snacks in a trench coat much cheaper than the concession bar. Maybe an episode dealing with one of the employees being racist and not letting black people into a horror movie.

This has almost the exact feel of Party Down meets The League, I realize. But I think it might be kind of fun.
I've always thought an idea sort of like this but set in a nursing home /assisted living facility would make a great comedy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos