AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Purevolume News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

PureVolume Presents: Of Mice & Men Interview

Posted by - 06:11 PM on 12/27/12
PureVolume recently sat down with Austin Carlile (Of Mice & Men) and talked about his work ethic, the band's upcoming album, and more.
From The InterviewTwo or three years ago, I may have gotten sucked into that stuff and voiced my opinion on this or that. But at this point in my life, I don't need somebody else's opinion. It absolutely makes me sick to see some of the hating on each other online. I think it's bullshit, and I think it's time for people in our industry to grow up. Instead of wasting time trying to be hurtful to someone else, why not try to help yourself and do something bigger?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46
06:28 PM on 12/27/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
The only people who care about haters on the Internet are people who get hated on on the Internet. Austin, if it wasn't for the "hate" you get online, no one would give a shit about your band. All press is good press. Just appreciate the fact you're enormous for doing nothing (generic band, having tattoos & cool hair), and get the fuck over it.

Hate is powerful in its own right. Ask Shai Hulud.
06:34 PM on 12/27/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Bruce banner reference. Nicely done. Haha
06:37 PM on 12/27/12
InstruMETAL
Be the change you wish to see
User Info.
"The Depths" has been my jam lately
06:40 PM on 12/27/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
"I think it's bullshit, and I think it's time for people in our industry to grow up. "

Coming from the guy that talked shit about an old member. Riiiighhtt.
07:59 PM on 12/27/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
"I think it's bullshit, and I think it's time for people in our industry to grow up. "

Coming from the guy that talked shit about an old member. Riiiighhtt.

In the past. Everybody does stupid shit that they end up regretting but that doesn't mean he can't grow up and realize the error of his ways. Then he can tell people it's not worth it because he knows from experience.

Honestly, I don't understand why people hate Austin/OM&M so much.
08:03 PM on 12/27/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
In the past. Everybody does stupid shit that they end up regretting but that doesn't mean he can't grow up and realize the error of his ways. Then he can tell people it's not worth it because he knows from experience.

I don't hate him but everything surrounding the guy seems so insincere. Sans the Mitch Lucker performance at the Memorial Show, I don't care for any of his music either.
08:41 PM on 12/27/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.

Because they're an incredibly generic, dime-a-dozen band?
09:07 PM on 12/27/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

LOL BALLIN
09:23 PM on 12/27/12
cody_rosebalm
User Info.
I feel like he's the kind of guy to act really sincere and genuine in front of everyone but behind closed doors is a total douche. I have no idea if he's actually like that, it's just the vibe i get. I've heard many things about him that say he's not really a good dude.
11:15 PM on 12/27/12
xjdizzle
User Info.
The only people who care about haters on the Internet are people who get hated on on the Internet. Austin, if it wasn't for the "hate" you get online, no one would give a shit about your band. All press is good press. Just appreciate the fact you're enormous for doing nothing (generic band, having tattoos & cool hair), and get the fuck over it.

Hate is powerful in its own right. Ask Shai Hulud.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! Ronnie from Falling in Reverse should take that hint as well and so many other generic Haircore bands lol There's hardcore then there's the Haircore bands.
01:33 AM on 12/28/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
and ADTR is your favorite band?
03:36 AM on 12/28/12
Colino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and ADTR is your favorite band?
Zing! I just watched Sleepwalk With Me and it reminded me of the scene where Mike Birbiglia was getting glass shards removed from his leg and the doctor said he should be dead and in response said no you should be dead.
04:52 AM on 12/28/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
I can't read this at work. I've always liked Austin, but his bands have always sucked.
04:55 AM on 12/28/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Austin seems like the nicest guy to me. I've met him and seen him live, and watching part of Taking Back Sunday headline Slam Dunk South with him. He seemed like one of the most genuine band members I have met. As he said, his surgery changed him.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos