Password

04:55 PM on 12/28/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
http://www.ouya.tv/

A new android-based television videogame console is being released, called OUYA. Being open-source, it finally allows independent devs to bring their own games to our television screens with ease, even allowing hackers to customize and experience their console in their own ways.

All games are free to try and the console is selling for $99.

Thoughts?
12:30 PM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
Chesterfield, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
Is definitely something I'd be interested in. Any information about a release date?
12:49 PM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
Should be coming out April of next year. I think it could work well. There may be a lot of crap or useless games, but there's a good chance we could find some gems out of it.
01:41 PM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
_veges_
Seems like a cool idea to me, but I won't be totally convinced until other people get it and confirm that it's good
09:42 PM on 12/29/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Troy, Missouri
Male - 26 Years Old
I can see why people are into to and i think its a cool idea, but I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I was excited for this.
05:57 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
cbronder1
Life Is Not A Waiting Room
Lancaster, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
this looks awesome. i'd definitely give it a try for $99. the specs look pretty powerful. the free to play feature has my interest.
03:37 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Male - 25 Years Old
im not trying to sound like a hipster dickhead or anything but this is old news. however, the people who kickstarted should be receiving their consoles soon, as they were shipped this week. so we should expect to hear a lot more news in the coming weeks / month.
04:15 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
I purposefully didn't kickstart this because it's using android apps to run it, so it didn't really seem appealing to me.
05:57 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
I think it's an awesome idea that has a lot of potential. However, the first 6 months or year will be "eh", the games are what is going to hold this down. Big name developers have said they will hold off for a few months to see the reaction from the public. So I think it'll take time to get off its feet.

Also, I doubt this will be any real competition for Xbox or PS3.
06:31 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
I'll be fine with playing games on my iPhone/Pad and 360. Neat idea, though.
06:41 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
there are exceptions, but i'm altogether pretty tired of all the rereleases, reboots, and constant sequels that the big publishers put out, so i dig the concept and i'm rooting for this to succeed, but i still have to see some games that interest me before i buy it.
10:58 AM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
cbronder1
Lancaster, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
one week until this comes out. i have one on pre-order at gamestop.
11:20 AM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Got mine about two weeks ago. Even with some firmware updates the UI is pretty rough and slow - no download manager, no prices in the store, poor layout, etc. You can tell a lot of the games are mobile ports (one-button/movement type gameplay) but hopefully that will change as people develop for it.

Overall it's a pretty cool device but it still has a long, long way to go if they're hoping it takes off.
06:57 PM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
cbronder1
Lancaster, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Got mine about two weeks ago. Even with some firmware updates the UI is pretty rough and slow - no download manager, no prices in the store, poor layout, etc. You can tell a lot of the games are mobile ports (one-button/movement type gameplay) but hopefully that will change as people develop for it.

Overall it's a pretty cool device but it still has a long, long way to go if they're hoping it takes off.

Is yours the full retail or kickstarter version? I was reading a review on engadget that says the UI is sped up a good bit. I'm sure i'll still be content with the ouya either way though.
08:26 PM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
this looks awesome. i'd definitely give it a try for $99. the specs look pretty powerful. the free to play feature has my interest.

NFG ftw

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version