AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Article
« Back to Articles

Anthony Heubel (Run, Forever)

Written by: Drew Beringer (12/30/12)
1. Swearin S/T LP - This is definitely my top record of 2012. The Crutchfields are always making incredible music but Swearin is by far my favorite musical endeavor of one of theirs yet. Everything about this record is catchy and awesome. Listen to it!

2. Desapareciods S/T 7" - Conor Oberst's indie/punk band formed in 2001 has finally released some new music after their incredible LP "Read Music, Speak Spanish" came out in 2002. It's really cool to see an artist who has been a part of so many diverse musical projects come back to punk.

3. Joyce Manor "Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired" LP - The follow up to so many people's (including myself) favorite record of 2011. I liked this record a lot because of how different it was. At first it caught me off guard but the more I listened to it the more I respected them for not writing the same record again. I also love that it's so short, you can listen to the whole thing on a drive across town.

4. Adventures S/T 7" - Probably my favorite local band in Pittsburgh. Along with their other projects (Code Orange Kids, Lilith) this 7" is incredible. A bunch of really great people playing 90's emo stuff.

5. Dowsing "It's Still Pretty Terrible" LP - We just played with Dowsing in Chicago on this past tour and they blew me away. 4 piece emo with keyboards, if you haven't heard them yet check it!

6. Blood Red "Seize You" LP - This is Cassie's other band, it's been described as "hardcore for people who don't like hardcore." Really good, kind of creepy with the communist manifesto stuff, but really good.

7. Spraynard "Exton Square" 7" - The last Spraynard release…so good, so sad. :[

8. Jowls "Cursed" 10" - I met John a few years back when he was playing in Cloud Mouth, he is one of the nicest guys I know and musically he's always up to something awesome. Jowls is his newest project and they just put this 7" out on Tiny Engines. <3

9. Title Fight "Floral Green" LP - For some reason I was really late getting into Title Fight. This record is my favorite release of theirs, more mid-tempo then their previous stuff.

10. Tallest Man On Earth "There's No Leaving Now" LP - I had to include this record in my top 10. I'm a sucker for singer song writers and his guitar playing is amazing.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
03:59 PM on 01/01/13
tomahawk
my new pep pep
User Info.
I trust anything from Anthony. Must check some of these out. Happy to see Spraynard in there.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version