Username
Password

10:23 AM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
ToMyBetterAngel
RIP Northstar
Tempe, AZ
Male - 26 Years Old
Anyone else played this one? Really atmospheric haunting puzzle platformer. I somehow missed this in 2010 but it's an absolute gem.

You play as a little kid who wakes up in the middle of a dark forest and that's basically all the context you are given. The game is entirely in black and white, but it's still beautiful and atmospheric. The soundtrack is minimalist but also beautiful.

Anyone who hasn't heard of it should check it out. Anyone who has played it I'd love to hear what you thought of it. You can download on PS3, 360, and Steam.

12:13 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
Akron, Oh
Male - 23 Years Old
I gotta check this out
12:14 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
flask
Registered Member
California
Male - 24 Years Old
It's on sale for $2.50 on Steam right now. No excuse not to grab it. It's a great game.
12:20 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
White
Tell me about your day, you slut.
Orgasmville, NA
Male
This game is absolutely outstanding.

Play exclusively at night in a darkened room to maximize the experience.
01:19 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
Worcestershire, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
Simply a fantastic game, the use of lighting is beautiful (e.g for silhouettes), puzzles are tricky, frustrating at times but overall enjoyable and the overall atmosphere is what draws you into the experience completely.
01:55 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
i can tell it's quality, but i haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. it's kinda sad of me since i've had it since it came out, and i know it's a relatively short game....same goes for braid.
03:50 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
Slovenia
Male - 21 Years Old
This game is amazing, it's one of the best indie platformers out there. If you liked the atmosphere and feel of this game, you should really check out Knytt Stories.
03:56 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
barkjon
the sunspots in your eyes
Seattle, WA
Male
Amazing game. I have it on Xbox.
04:38 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
Bought this a while ago on Xbox. Love it. Some great puzzles with beautiful visuals. One of the best, if not the best, arcade games out there.
06:48 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
contiinstereo
CFC Supporter
Buffalo, New York
Male
Fantastic game! Haven't ever got around to finishing it (maybe this thread will get me playing again). But the art style is great, music fit perfectly, and it's a classic ode to old platformers. Get it!
08:47 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Haha wow, completely forgot about Limbo. Such a fucking great game, I refused to stop playing until I beat it in one go-through. It's so creepy, it leaves you wanting more at the end and wondering wtf is the true story with the boy and his sister
11:16 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
i can tell it's quality, but i haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. it's kinda sad of me since i've had it since it came out, and i know it's a relatively short game....same goes for braid.

Both Limbo and Braid are superb games. I have all achievements for both sans the ridiculous play with [low#] of deaths ones. Another great game in the vain of these two is The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom for Xbox Live Arcade. It's very good though I have yet to finish it;

And if you're into games with unique visual styles in general then you MUST get Trine 2. It's extraordinarily refreshing Finnish art style and outstanding bright and detailed visuals are simply are marvel. Probably the most beautiful game I've ever seen;

05:58 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
Both Limbo and Braid are superb games. I have all achievements for both sans the ridiculous play with [low#] of deaths ones. Another great game in the vain of these two is The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom for Xbox Live Arcade. It's very good though I have yet to finish it;

And if you're into games with unique visual styles in general then you MUST get Trine 2. It's extraordinarily refreshing Finnish art style and outstanding bright and detailed visuals are simply are marvel. Probably the most beautiful game I've ever seen;

Yeah I have all the achievements in Limbo except for the beat it in one play with less than 5 deaths. Doesn't seem worth it.

I'll check Trine 2 out.
06:50 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male

yeah, winterbottom is another good game i have that i've yet to finish.

i'll check out trine 2 eventually but i've got to many sidescrollers (limbo, braid, winterbottom, rayman origins, fez, dust, outland, sonic cd, and super meat boy), to finish before i get anymore of them.
07:14 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah I have all the achievements in Limbo except for the beat it in one play with less than 5 deaths. Doesn't seem worth it.

I'll check Trine 2 out.

Agreed. I usually aim to get all "obtainable" achievements but skip on ones that could result in lots of time with the possibility of getting nothing. Can't stand achievements like that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets