AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Article
« Back to Articles

Cassie Staub (Run, Forever)

Written by: Drew Beringer (12/31/12)
1. Spraynard - Exton Square
Previous records had a more carefree feel to them, this 7í had a more mature vibe that lyrically tackled darker themes head on. ďTremblingĒ not only talks about sexual assault but also about consent. Presenting a problem but also giving a resolution. A lot of bands go off about the things they hate, but few try to give an answer to resolve the problem. This is one of the reasons Spraynard will be badly missed.
2. Hop Along - Get Disowned
This record took a minute to grow on me. There is so much weird about it! But thatís what makes it so good! Vocally and musically very big and very unique.
3. Adventures - Self Titled EP/7Ē
I got rough tracks of this 7í before it was mastered and couldnít stop listening to it. Vocally itís eerie, dark and desperately sad. Knowing this group of young artists itís amazing to see what they can do and they only continue to impress. Extremely talented and creative. Always pushing the boundaries and only getting better and better for it! Very inspiring
4. Dylan Sizemore - Cashed
Songs are raw acoustic tracks that seem to be telling a story. Lyrically intriguing and vocally heart wrenching. I usually hate acoustic/singer songwriter type music, but these songs really caught me.
5. Lilith - Return
A little self-promotion, this is the first record I helped put out on my label Out Of This Records. A split release with Get Better Records. Songs are acoustic but with layered vocals that are dark and foreboding. Members of Code Orange Kids and Adventures. It was really an awesome thing to be part of putting out a record for a band you love and believe in! Something I am extremely proud of doing in 2012
6. Cerce
When I heard this bands first EP Teen Bible, I fell in love instantly. It was exactly what I wanted in a female fronted hardcore band. A lady who wasnít afraid to sound like one! Musically dark, driving and heavy mixed with the high pitch, squeals of an undeniably feminine voice felt empowering to me. Every release since than has only improved!
7. Big Eyes - Back From The Moon
Hard Life was one of my favorite records of 2011 but Back From The Moon got me excited about the future and wanting more. Vocally it has so much more range than Hardlife, which sometimes could sound flat. Canít wait to hear what they will release next!
8. Sweariní - Self Titled
This is the record it seemed like everyone was talking about and when I finally heard it, I could tell why. Pop/rock done perfect.
9. Dowsing - Its Still Pretty Terrible
Dreamy indie rock from Chicago. Played a show with them on our past tour and I canít stop listening to this album!
10. Dikembe - Broad Shoulders
Took me way to long to listen to this record

Bands Iím Excited About For 2013
Nona - Pop punk rock from West Chester, PA. Love their EP reloaded and I hear that they are working on new material! Canít wait to hear it!
Our Lady - Incredible people from Springfield, IL! Played so many shows with them and watched them grow as band and get better and better! Every time I see them they are trying something new and improving each and every time. Experimenting with song structure and instrumentation, fearless. They are writing new material and working on a full length!
Dead Beach - Dylan Sizemore started a full band with a rock n roll vibe. Dylan is one of my favorite songwriters and this new project doesnít disappoint.
We Were Skeletons - Great friends, great musicians! They have a new album out called Blame and Aging that I heard bits and pieces of hanging out with Raf one day
RVIVR - new record! I dunno when, but I canít wait!

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
04:03 PM on 01/01/13
tomahawk
my new pep pep
User Info.
Cassie rules. Will check some of the unfamiliars out.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version