Hotline / Vince
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i bet hes really good
01:08 AM on 02/27/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
The only good thing Korn did was that episode of South Park. I hate nu-metal so much.

Well, in 10 years, "emo" will be looked at just like nu-metal (and hair metal) is now.

Hell, the overlying genre of emo is fucking despised outside of it's fanbase as it is.
02:09 AM on 02/27/08
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
The chances of playing with him are so fucking slim. I wonder if I should even try.
04:03 AM on 02/27/08
mickmadethelist
Troy and Abed on the iiiiiinternet
User Info.
Well, in 10 years, "emo" will be looked at just like nu-metal (and hair metal) is now.

Hell, the overlying genre of emo is fucking despised outside of it's fanbase as it is.

Eh, yes and no. Even in hair metal there are still legit bands that even today are regarded as influential. The only (kinda)nu-metal band ive ever heard as being legit are the deftones. Honestly, when was the last time you've heard anyone talk about how badly they wanted to see Staind or limp bizkit? The general genre of "emo" has already been around since the early 90s and has outlasted alot of what is popular.
06:11 AM on 02/27/08
sell the sunris
..is Batman
User Info.
That would require me to play Halo 3. No thanks. I traded that back in for a reason.

Honestly, when was the last time you've heard anyone talk about how badly they wanted to see Staind or limp bizkit?

I actually work with a girl who still wears a Limp Bizkit ring. hahaha
06:26 AM on 02/27/08
DCfreak
User Info.
lulz... he was rumored to play wow on my old server.. he made his own guild and had quite a few people in it.
07:07 AM on 02/27/08
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
id rather play him in guitar hero
07:17 AM on 02/27/08
Brissona
Dye the World
User Info.
I don't wanna get PWN3D.
07:35 AM on 02/27/08
boykosaurus
---
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
On one hand, it's Jonathan Davis; why bother?

On the other, this is a chance to totally pwn his lame ass.
08:40 AM on 02/27/08
UndertheTELE
Just spoken of.
User Info.
My dad, who is a lawyer, was approached with a lawsuit from a kid that was at a Korn show and got sprayed in the face with a high powered hose that the band was using on stage. The kid wanted to sue because his ear drum blew up.
08:54 AM on 02/27/08
CheChe1455
User Info.
Eh, yes and no. Even in hair metal there are still legit bands that even today are regarded as influential. The only (kinda)nu-metal band ive ever heard as being legit are the deftones. Honestly, when was the last time you've heard anyone talk about how badly they wanted to see Staind or limp bizkit? The general genre of "emo" has already been around since the early 90s and has outlasted alot of what is popular.

Nah dude,
the other guy was right..
Emo will be looked at just like nu-metal, and hair metal.
The reason why you don't think any Nu-metal band's are "legit" is because you are not part of the fan base or the sub culture. In fact, Korn set the standard for that genre and they've been copied ever since.
There will always be legit bands the stand the test of time, but as a whole the emo ship is going down just like the rest..

Emo wasn't popular in the 90's.. (braid, sunny day real estate, and mineral weren't selling millions of records or touring arenas in a bus)
Emo broke into the mainstream a little bit in the early 2000's when band's like Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Dashboard Confessional, and Jimmy Eat World started to gain recognition for some of their earlier work.
The style of music didn't become the over homogenized version that you know and love until bands like Fall Out Boy, and My Chemical Romance were CAREFULLY marketed for stardom by evil men in business suits during the late 04-05 myspace boom.
Next thing you know the music is getting worse,
and mommy even knows what emo means.
11:24 AM on 02/27/08
Genuma
User Info.
Holy shit. Does no one in this thread know what emo is?
11:28 AM on 02/27/08
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
gotDaLyfe420: ya'll wanna single?
11:47 AM on 02/27/08
CheChe1455
User Info.

yes, mr elitist although he was talking about the 90's
not the rites of spring / embrace d.c version of emo you think I don't know about.

shut up.
01:17 PM on 02/27/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.

We know, but sadly when you discuss the current bands known as emo, emo is really the only way to describe their genre, even though most "emo" out right now isn't REALLY emo.

Emo is also different than nu-metal is that it's used as a description and it annoys me. People use emo as a negative term. I've heard people who don't like Linkin Park's new album say "they're like a fuckin' emo band now". It just doesn't make any sense.

I wish the term would die already.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums