AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
10:18 AM on 01/03/13
seanthethief
User Info.
I like the song, I think the production is a step down from Gorilla Manor...which is a bummer. I love that album.

That being said, this band can probably do no wrong. Still very excited.
01:18 PM on 01/03/13
seanthethief
User Info.
It's funny you say that, since the first album was essentially self-produced, while this one was done with a producer.
They recorded at a studio with great gear, and just co-produced with their engineer: http://www.redrocketsglare.com/
It's not like they did everything on their own. That would be very surprising.

And I know that this new record was done with the guy from the National, but I feel like he just sort of flattened out their sound. Gorilla Manor, while it had its quirks and some things I didn't like, felt quite a bit more alive than what I've heard so far.

And yeah, here are Dessner's productions. Nothing that blows me away, to be honest. I believe you're thinking of Peter Katis, who has done some phenomenal work.

Incredible musician though.
04:21 PM on 01/03/13
seanthethief
User Info.
They did quite a lot of it on their own. They are all close friends of mine through the LA scene (not trying to brag, just trying to cite a "source"). However, you're right, it was "co-produced" with an engineer. I was just trying to point out that the new album had a traditional producer while the first album was more of a collaboration mainly under their direction. Not trying to say you were wrong, just thought it was interesting that you'd say the new song sounded less produced!
Sorry - my google searches got a bit out of hand...I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, just get some background information for myself. That is AWESOME that you know these guys. Huge inspiration.

I think they're one of those bands that do well behind the wheel of an album. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for both sessions.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests