Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 38 of 38
05:18 AM on 01/04/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Yes, I work for a french webzine : http://www.alternativnews.com/ and we received it two days ago.

Weird its been scoring high reviews here in the UK one said "Conduit is the finest thing that the band have put their name on since their classic debut" I wish they'd av got a new screamer after Ryan left though.

Will you be putting a review up anytime soon? Wouldn't mind giving it a read.
08:46 AM on 01/04/13
emoboy333
User Info.
Weird its been scoring high reviews here in the UK one said "Conduit is the finest thing that the band have put their name on since their classic debut" I wish they'd av got a new screamer after Ryan left though.

Will you be putting a review up anytime soon? Wouldn't mind giving it a read.
A review will be up at the end of next week. Not by me though. But honestly, I've listened to it 3x so far, and nothing stuck for me. Vocals/melodies sound tired and uninspired, music could have been made by tons of other bands, and songs tend to blend together. Just my two cents.

Besides, I read the review from Rock Sound, they gave a 9/10 score, but it doesn't deserve more than a 5 or 6 if I had to rate it now. I'll let you know about the review when it's up.
09:16 AM on 01/04/13
canvasofwinter
User Info.
songs tend to blend together.

I felt like Welcome Home Armageddon had this problem too. I remember feeling like Memory and Humanity was super diverse, and then most of what they've done since has felt pretty formulaic. (I don't mean that as a value judgement on the quality of the songwriting, either -- just on how much the songs stand apart from each other.)
10:38 AM on 01/04/13
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Don't hear that at all, the album or the song?
Album. The general vibe and guitarwork.
03:43 PM on 01/04/13
beauvais910
User Info.
I actually like this.
11:20 AM on 01/05/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
A review will be up at the end of next week. Not by me though. But honestly, I've listened to it 3x so far, and nothing stuck for me. Vocals/melodies sound tired and uninspired, music could have been made by tons of other bands, and songs tend to blend together. Just my two cents.

Besides, I read the review from Rock Sound, they gave a 9/10 score, but it doesn't deserve more than a 5 or 6 if I had to rate it now. I'll let you know about the review when it's up.

Not gonna lie I was worried when Ryan left due to his screams being quite unique and him being a long time member. Is there any screams on the album apart from Matt taking on more hardcore vocals?

Cheers I'd like to read it being a long time Funeral fan!
02:25 PM on 01/06/13
emoboy333
User Info.
Not gonna lie I was worried when Ryan left due to his screams being quite unique and him being a long time member. Is there any screams on the album apart from Matt taking on more hardcore vocals?

Cheers I'd like to read it being a long time Funeral fan!
Here is the review : http://www.alternativnews.com/2013/0...d-conduit.html
10:36 AM on 01/07/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Cheers mate its an insightful review but the translator on google messed up a few words aha no big deal I got the picture still from reading it. If the two songs released are the best minus 'Nails' I'm going to be disappointed :/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos