Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:24 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
5-5, i hate everything
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
I don't think Obama is the devil, but he is definitely one of the worst president's we have ever had.
worse than jackson, william henry harrison, buchanan, grant, or harding?
07:28 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
CA
Female - 23 Years Old
Harrison you dumbass wear a coat next time
07:32 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
Through the lips, over the gums
Connecticut
Male
We will probably never have a political leader in the oval office again.

We need to elect Governor Bobby Jindal as the next President. Here's a few reasons why he'd make a terrific leader:

- Jindal represents the American Dream. Born to Indian parents, he reject Hinduism and converted to Christianity. He is pro-business, anti-tax, pro-gun... exactly what the Republican Party needs.
- Currently, Jindal holds an 85% approval rating by Louisiana voters (a level Obama could never reach)
- In 2011, Bobby Jindal won re-election for the Governor of Louisiana with taking 66% of the vote. This is the highest percentage of votes for a governor's race in the nation since 1981.
- Bobby Jindal has stated his support of the Second Amendment's right to bear arms. He has opposed efforts to restrict gun rights and has received an endorsement from the National Rifle Association. Jindal earned an A rating from Gun Owners of America while he was in Congress.
- Bobby Jindal has a 100% pro-life voting record according to the National Right to Life Committee.
- Louisiana only has a 6% unemployment rate, one of the lowest in the county.
- Bobby Jindal was born to Hindu parents but rejected the religion and found Jesus, converting to Christianity.
- Since taking office, Governor Jindal has cut taxes a total of six times, including the largest income tax cut in Louisiana's history a cut of $1.1 billion over five years, along with accelerating the elimination of the tax on business investments.

If these reasons aren't enough to convince you that Bobby Jindal is the next president of this great country, then I say how dare you call yourself an American.
07:36 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
worse than jackson, william henry harrison, buchanan, grant, or harding?

Don't forget Adams or Coolidge....or that miserable looking bastard Andrew Johnson
07:36 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Well, yes. I definitely think there were presidents that were less harmful. But, that is because they had checks against them. I genuinely was curious as to your opinion. I don't see much differentiation between clinton and obama honestly. Obama is the logical extension of the new democratic party in the post-Reagan era, as exemplified by Clinton.

I think we live in a complicated political era, which is fueled by the media and the internet. Our "leaders" are no longer driven by the protection and stewardship of the people, they are driven by reelection.

It's hard for me to properly verbalize my position on this position, and I am totally willing to have a conversation with someone who wants to remain civil (i.e. not David or open mind).

Here is the fact, 50% of the country does not support Obama, for whatever reason. They voted representatives into the House and the Senate to speak for their concerns. All of these Republicans ran against the policies of Obama, and they got into office on such platforms.

Whether you agree with the GOP or not. Whether Obama agrees with them or not, it is his job to be a leader and bring everyone together. Like Clinton did. I have never heard a "leader" speak so childishly and with such petty indignation about his/her opposition as Obama has regarding the Tea Party.

There are things that I back Obama on, there are things I am very liberal about. There are things I am very conservative about though. What I want, and what I think most people want, is a president that can sit down and try to work with the nut jobs and bring a consensus, that is what leaders do. They don't go crying to the media saying "NOT MY FAULT!!!"
07:37 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
I'm someone who doesn't want remain civil? I'm one of the few people here that doesn't immediately start calling you an idiot when you start spewing idiotic things.

Laughing at you for how wrong you are isn't meant to be uncivil. But carry on.

The nutjobs won't work with Obama on anything...that's the problem. This is the president that has tried to appease them...a president that has signed off on 3.6 TRILLION in spending cuts over the last 4 years. A president who, once he realized he couldn't get a more liberal public option passed, actually turned to the Republican idea for health care and planted his flag there. He did so because he thought it would be a good way to bring Democrats and Republicans together on the issue, since it was seen as a conservative solution to health care.

Just because the Republicans refused to back anything that Obama had anything to do with, doesn't mean he failed as a leader. Further, it makes him absolutely right when he goes on TV and tells people what it's like trying to work with the Tea Party.
07:38 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
Atlanta, Ga
Male
We need to elect Governor Bobby Jindal as the next President. Here's a few reasons why he'd make a terrific leader:

- Jindal represents the American Dream. Born to Indian parents, he reject Hinduism and converted to Christianity. He is pro-business, anti-tax, pro-gun... exactly what the Republican Party needs.
- Currently, Jindal holds an 85% approval rating by Louisiana voters (a level Obama could never reach)
- In 2011, Bobby Jindal won re-election for the Governor of Louisiana with taking 66% of the vote. This is the highest percentage of votes for a governor's race in the nation since 1981.
- Bobby Jindal has stated his support of the Second Amendment's right to bear arms. He has opposed efforts to restrict gun rights and has received an endorsement from the National Rifle Association. Jindal earned an A rating from Gun Owners of America while he was in Congress.
- Bobby Jindal has a 100% pro-life voting record according to the National Right to Life Committee.
- Louisiana only has a 6% unemployment rate, one of the lowest in the county.
- Bobby Jindal was born to Hindu parents but rejected the religion and found Jesus, converting to Christianity.
- Since taking office, Governor Jindal has cut taxes a total of six times, including the largest income tax cut in Louisiana's history a cut of $1.1 billion over five years, along with accelerating the elimination of the tax on business investments.

If these reasons aren't enough to convince you that Bobby Jindal is the next president of this great country, then I say how dare you call yourself an American.

I realize your post was in jest, but I think Jindal is a passable politician minus his pro life stance. But I will never vote for a democrat or republican again.
07:41 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
Through the lips, over the gums
Connecticut
Male
I realize your post was in jest, but I think Jindal is a passable politician minus his pro life stance. But I will never vote for a democrat or republican again.

07:43 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
5-5, i hate everything
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
Harrison you dumbass wear a coat next time
best post
07:49 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
Atlanta, Ga
Male
I've been drinking.
07:58 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old
Clinton wasn't a leader so much as he was amenable to republican policies in the first place. The same is true for Obama. But, I think "leader" is a largely empty term. All presidents have had their actions dictated, not by conviction, but by the coalitions of finance or labor or industry to which they are beholden. Labor, it can be said, plays a lesser role of influence these days.
08:01 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Let's not pretend Clinton didn't go on TV and slam Republicans either. Hell, he still does it.
09:19 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Stewart is grilling Sebelius hard
09:26 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware