This Thread is Closed.

12:53 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Subscribing.

Finally the NHL is back. Lets go Pens. Liking the Vokoun signing even more with the condensed season.
03:21 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Cant wait for PROSPEKT

Im pretty sure he was the reason i left this thread last season. Cant remember for sure hah.
04:57 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Just did a 12 team draft. Team looks like

Giroux
J Staal
Burrows
Whitney
Byfuglien
Hossa
Karlson
Phaneuf
Ekman-Larson
Fowler
Clarkson
Kunitz
Versteeg

Rask
Anderson
Harding

What you think? Never done a real hockey league, we tried one last year with points instead of categories and it turned out awful.

What draft pick were you?

I'm doing three fantasy leagues this year, so far. All Yahoo. One of them is a keeper league that we drafted before the lockout was official. That league should be interesting. The only reason I paid attention to my ESPN league for football this year was because it was a paid league, haha, otherwise I would forget about it instantly.
08:07 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
lol what? I will die if Kovalchuk stays.

if he stays........ devils tickets this year are going to be so cheap, i bet. might not even bother with a flex plan and just do ticketexchange.
12:57 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

I wonder how they're picking which divisional opponents are 4 and which are 5...
04:32 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Devils will get Rangers and Penguins 5 times, watch

Eh, I think the Pens will get the Flyers and Rangers 5 times, haha.
04:34 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female

..... am I going crazy or is Parise not on that list? Pathetic.

And Henry - I love Henrique, haha. That picture isn't a good one.

Hartnell? Gross.
08:58 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
You catch the draft date? It's gonna be Sunday given one of the nine people I sent an invite to join.

Totally didn't catch it - I checked on Monday after I joined another league, thinking it was updated, but didn't see one. I got used to the constant emails about it being changed, haha. Sunday SHOULD work for me - what time? Can't check at work.

i don't see any reason as to why rangers devs and philly pens won't be five. in an ideal world, the rangers-isles rivalry would outweigh the rangers-philly rivalry but rangers-philly will get more money so that'll prob get 5.

Yeah, true. In that case, guess the Pens will get Flyers and Devils?
10:24 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
So that probablyl means the Devils get the rangers and islanders five Times

So if that's the case, then the Pens get the Islanders and Flyers five times.
12:27 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Don't know if anyone uses coolhockey.com (not sure of its reputation), but they have free customization for the next 24 hours if anyone was looking.

Never heard of it before - website looks similar to icejerseys.com, though - used them for my Neal jersey. Came out fantastic.
03:35 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Yea, I used IceJerseys over the summer for my Stepan jersey when they had one of their sales. Turned out great.

The $5 customization deal? I did the same one haha. I had a Staal jersey before so.... well, i needed a new one. Don't want to wear my Fleury one because he signed it after a game once so i don't want to ruin it.

Oh and youre a PSU alum right? PSU vs Vermont at Wells Fargo next Saturday!
05:08 AM on 01/10/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Yea, that'd be the one. Haha.

Yes, I am. Unfortunately, I haven't been following the team too much - but I am hoping to get to a game before the end of the season. I still want to go to XFinity Live as well, so that is a tempting game to go to.

Such a great deal - couldn't say no, haha. Glad the season's back so I can wear it to games and Foley's.

Yeah I've been following them as much as I can - team's been doing okay. I'm used to them having 10-3 blowouts against teams like West Chester and Pitt in the ACHA, haha. Doing stats was a nightmare since I did +/- and faceoffs.... sometimes also shots and goal descriptions... all at the same time if we were shortstaffed. Olczyk has been doing well from what I've seen. Now that Pens/Flyers is definitely that day, XFinity Live will be a nightmare. Looks like I'll be tailgating outside with my friend's truck.

You should definitely get to the game - going to be awesome seeing PSU play at Wells Fargo. I'm sure tickets haven't sold out yet.
05:09 AM on 01/10/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
That shit might be bumped. Pretty sure, Flyers-Pens is 3pm. What time is that?

It's not getting bumped and yes, Flyers/Pens is 3pm. PSU is 7pm. It's still going to go on. They aren't changing it.
05:09 AM on 01/10/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Give me James Neal, unconscious at center ice, on the 19th.

You should also go to the PSU game on the 19th, you PSU alum.
05:23 AM on 01/10/13 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
I'd imagine doing stats would make the games very difficult to enjoy.

Also, I'm shocked they didn't move the game. That area is gonna be an absolute madhouse. I'm almost positive I won't be anywhere near it now. Haha.

Eh, it wasn't too bad - only had to do two sheets most of the time unless we were shortstaffed. Doing faceoffs and +/- helped me still enjoy the games because I got to watch everything minus writing down a faceoff win/loss and then once the goal was scored, just writing down the player numbers on the ice - so I still got to catch basically everything. Got to the point where I was able to predict who was going to win/lose each faceoff based on the players' past faceoff history. It's actually weird going to games now and not doing any stats at all... and being able to cheer and do chants, haha. Last season I was actually asked if I could do stats when I went back to campus for games.

Haha well I mean, they needed to make the NHL schedule around the pre-existing schedules at the arenas. Wouldn't be fair to both Penn State and Vermont to move the game since people have already bought tickets and made plans around the game. I know PSU has a bus/ticket package for students to go to the game. Guess this means I need to get there at like noon for tailgating/to get a parking spot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos