Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
07:25 PM on 01/07/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Loved their self-title but it took time. After dismissing it at first I came back to it one day. Was such a good idea. The album combined the best traits of their earlier sound and New Again. It also had songs with a lot of emotion packed into them without being their traditional suit. "Call Me In The Morning" is one of the best songs they have ever done.
07:33 PM on 01/07/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
For some reason it seems people always hate their last album. Then a new one comes out to hate and people plead for the one before it again.

I am not a fan of New Again at all, the S/T while not their best was a good return to form. I hope they go for a rawer sound with this one. I think they sounded the best on WYWTB.
I honestly am glad TBS are moving a little past the sound they had going on their first album or louder now. TAYF is my favorite but I am glad the band is actually doing different stuff. New Again did nothing for me at first but honestly after I got past the mentality of what I thought they should sound like and more in the mindset of just enjoying progression I found it to be much needed progression. Their S/T continued that progression while bringing more influence from their early days for fans.

What I think would be great for their 6th album is a straight up rock album that utilizes all the band's strengths but does feel some sort of commitment to a past sound and is raw, powerful, and emotional. (I think their music can be raw and powerful without trying to redo TAYF). Songs like Faith and Call Me In The Morning show me the band has it in them to write good music. More songs like El Paso would be cool.

Looking back the only issues I have with WYWTB and Louder Now is they seem like they tried so hard to be catchy and the emotion is lost at times. Enjoy those albums though. Like the band now probably as much as I did when I was 17 and part of that is due to seeing them live this year.
08:15 PM on 01/07/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Self-titled sucks. Accept it.
my 2nd favorite of their releases...
12:00 PM on 01/08/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
TAYF>WYWTB>LN>>>TBS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>NA
Hopefully this next album comes back to at least Louder Now song writing style and executions. I really could go for a TAYF part II though.
They won't and they shoulden't. TAYF was a great album for the time it came out but musically they have done so much better after. I say that and TAYF is my favorite but a album in that vein would sound so forced.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos