Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
03:13 PM on 01/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
As much as I love TBS, I thought the self titled was lackluster at best. Hoping the next one will be better. I think we'd all agree they have the potential to make at least one more fantastic album

Sums up my thoughts. It's funny people hate on New Again but I firmly think its a much better album than their S/T
03:13 PM on 01/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
New Again Pt. II, please.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but if you're not- kuddos.
08:10 PM on 01/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
yeah i love new again. I may even like that better than louder now. Very relate able album for me

Same thing for me, it came out at a pretty crazy time in my life so I hold that album pretty high.
08:24 PM on 01/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I enjoy New Again. As an instrumentalist, I appreciate the jazzier chords, three part harmonies, and unusual time signatures. Not to mention Rubano nailed it on the bass. Sure, lyrics were subpar and the album could have been mixed better, but New Again turned out to be an interesting pop-alternative record. It just got shit on way too much because there weren't any dual vocals, which was TBS's trademark until that point, and what attracted many listeners to them in the first place.

I don't want another album in the style of New Again though, even if the flaws were cleaned up. It had its time, it was a neat thing to do once, but the band's capable of creating a better sound for themselves.

I agree with all of this (I love "Cut me up Jenny" and people say that's their worst song ever) but I do think they need to revist that sound a little on the next release. It was so slick and fun.
08:44 PM on 01/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Lol I just said that about Cut Me Up Jenny below. I agree with like 95% of your opinions on here but the 5% we differ on is TBS haha.

Hahah no worries dude, we always agree on everything else
08:49 PM on 01/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
This. I can enjoy 3 or 4 songs. But I have yet to understand the "catchiness" of Sink Into Me (just a horrible vocal melody) and Cut Me Up Jenny is one of the worst songs I've heard. From any band. And if there's any dual vocals you can barely make them out. They lost THAT aspect. I don't understand how often I see the love for Fazzi on here, maybe he's cool but he brought nothing good to that album. And I can't tell if he can sing obviously. It was exactly a middle-of-the-road pop-rock album. Everything Must Go is awesome though.

As far as Fazzi goes- he was severely underused. The producer didn't like his vocals (which is insane cause he has amazing pipes) so he talked Adam into doing vocals on his own. He brought a lot of creative ideas that I personally enjoyed (like three people harmonies and a bass solo) so I think loosing him was a huge loss for the band. I remember reading the shit Fazzi did that led to him getting the boot and I just think the whole situation is a bit sad on both ends, wish it could have worked.

I love Nolan so if he is used more properly on the next LP- I'm in!
02:00 PM on 01/08/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
New Again is my favorite TBS album. There isn't a bad song on it. And it has their best lyrical work IMO. I hope the next record to have Adam on all the lyrics. No more John singing in the background "I'll be right there beside you"(straight outta Disney)

I'm loving the love for New Again I'm seeing on this thread!

What'd Fazzi supposedly do?

He supposedly tried recording/writing all the guitar parts with Rubano and then told the band he was gonna take a 6 month break when they were already planning on axing him.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums