Username
Password
Taking Back Sunday News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 90.
05:20 PM on 01/07/13
Ben Lee
Gold light breaks behind the houses
User Info.
I think if he recorded it like Daisy, Sapone would be great ... raw and rough just fits this band really well.
I think this is why I liked New Again so much. I know it's not the most raw album in the entire world, but much less polished than the Self Titled. Also, I listen to it mostly on Vinyl, so that gives it that extra crackle as well.
05:21 PM on 01/07/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I am interested to hear how this will sound. I don't want a TAYF part 2, but I do want something more energetic and raw this time around. I think they should record this thing full band and see what happens. Ted Hutt would be an interesting pairing. Sapone is a bit tried and true. I would not mind them taking their talents to the Blasting Room with Stevenson, but most will say there is not a fit there. I think they need to move away from the radio rock sound, though.
05:30 PM on 01/07/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Because they put out a good album again. I could care less if it sounded like an older album.
Then it's not a return to form if the form is different. The only "return" there is is John and Shaun.

And S/T is alright at best. I get the feeling this is it for the band. Hoping to be proved wrong though.
05:34 PM on 01/07/13
samlowry09
Registered abUser
User Info.
It's a return to being a quality band. The implied form can be a rather loose term. Sorry if it was too vague for you.

There's only two songs on the S/T that do nothing for me, otherwise I think it's really solid. Especially considering how quickly it was made.
05:39 PM on 01/07/13
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
I loved the S/T, can't wait to see whats next for them. Favorite band since 2002!

I really like to see posts like this, it's awesome to see a fan stand by their favorite band over the years
05:55 PM on 01/07/13
Passion Man
User Info.
they were just getting back together, so I didn't expect the self-titled to be that great.

this one should be much better.
06:04 PM on 01/07/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean, the first three albums were so good. I hope this next one follows in that trend
06:09 PM on 01/07/13
ChaseTx
First five were good, man. First five.
06:12 PM on 01/07/13
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
He's a very good producer for a certain type of band and sound (makes Good Charlotte albums sound great) ... I don't think he does the music TBS makes as much justice. It loses the intensity, the mistakes - and sounds like other pitch perfect radio rock bands. Just my personal thoughts, but I think the band sounds better when it's not a 30 Seconds to Mars big arena rock sound ...
I'm not sure if I've ever seen this more well said. Tell All Your Friends is overwhelmingly considered their best album, and it has many flaws. And I love it more for them.
06:22 PM on 01/07/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
I'd like to hear more of John Nolan's singing and song writing.
06:23 PM on 01/07/13
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
colour me stoked
06:25 PM on 01/07/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Loved their self-title but it took time. After dismissing it at first I came back to it one day. Was such a good idea. The album combined the best traits of their earlier sound and New Again. It also had songs with a lot of emotion packed into them without being their traditional suit. "Call Me In The Morning" is one of the best songs they have ever done.
06:33 PM on 01/07/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
For some reason it seems people always hate their last album. Then a new one comes out to hate and people plead for the one before it again.

I am not a fan of New Again at all, the S/T while not their best was a good return to form. I hope they go for a rawer sound with this one. I think they sounded the best on WYWTB.
I honestly am glad TBS are moving a little past the sound they had going on their first album or louder now. TAYF is my favorite but I am glad the band is actually doing different stuff. New Again did nothing for me at first but honestly after I got past the mentality of what I thought they should sound like and more in the mindset of just enjoying progression I found it to be much needed progression. Their S/T continued that progression while bringing more influence from their early days for fans.

What I think would be great for their 6th album is a straight up rock album that utilizes all the band's strengths but does feel some sort of commitment to a past sound and is raw, powerful, and emotional. (I think their music can be raw and powerful without trying to redo TAYF). Songs like Faith and Call Me In The Morning show me the band has it in them to write good music. More songs like El Paso would be cool.

Looking back the only issues I have with WYWTB and Louder Now is they seem like they tried so hard to be catchy and the emotion is lost at times. Enjoy those albums though. Like the band now probably as much as I did when I was 17 and part of that is due to seeing them live this year.
06:34 PM on 01/07/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
I may have even liked New Again more. But I still liked it. First three albums were much much better though.
06:51 PM on 01/07/13
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
Sums up my thoughts. It's funny people hate on New Again but I firmly think its a much better album than their S/T
yeah i love new again. I may even like that better than louder now. Very relate able album for me
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums