AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:37 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 23 Years Old
make intentions clear from the beginning.
03:47 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
girls can be stuck as friends but have a one-sided desire for something more, too
04:04 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
Queens, New York
Female - 22 Years Old
I love my female friends. Some people say that I am captain friend zone but I just see it as having many female friends. Eventually I'll meet and connect with that special girl.

To the above, what if you develop feelings down the line during friendship?

Understandable. That is where it is tricky. My post was for guys who whine that they have always loved a girl from the first day he met her. When its a thing where you've been friends for awhile it takes more tact and actions of "manliness" than of whippinG boy. Don't be her tag along shopping friend, tell her you're taking her out to dinner. When you've been friends you can't do little things like just listening to her or whatever because those have already been apart of your relationship. Throw out real, confident signals and wait for a response back; either of her accepting that there could be more to the current relationship or rejecting that idea and keeping it platonic
04:06 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
Queens, New York
Female - 22 Years Old
girls can be stuck as friends but have a one-sided desire for something more, too

This exactly. I've been there and I wanted more so I made my intentiions clear. Is it scary? Duh! But it was worthwhile at the time.
05:00 PM on 01/17/13 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
This exactly. I've been there and I wanted more so I made my intentiions clear. Is it scary? Duh! But it was worthwhile at the time.

How did it turn out? I've only ever had this happen to me once. It was a friend who I also fell in love with (and I'm not using that word lightly). I got drunk one night, called him to take me home, puked on my shoes, and then told him on the way home that I was "insanely attracted to him." Not my finest moment.
12:50 PM on 01/20/13 
User Info.
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
Queens, New York
Female - 22 Years Old
How did it turn out? I've only ever had this happen to me once. It was a friend who I also fell in love with (and I'm not using that word lightly). I got drunk one night, called him to take me home, puked on my shoes, and then told him on the way home that I was "insanely attracted to him." Not my finest moment.

at the time, it was fine. of course this was four years ago in high school so it didn't last but it was worth it.
but with my current boyfriend i made the first moves and we're happy as can be over two years later. i used to be really shy all my life, but as i got to college i broke free of those restraints and if i want something, i get it. it's scary and i have crazy anxiety but i suck it up so i can run my life. there are no princes ambling around, if you want one you gotta go get him.
05:58 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
Tempe, AZ
Female
I am the most naive person in the world when it comes to guys liking me. I end up pushing them away unintentionally and ruining not only my chances at relationships but often ruining our friendships. ugh.
08:26 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
ecartman(>< )
Denim
Radiate Positivity
Male - 26 Years Old

That is the most disturbing thing I've seen all day. Granted, the day only started 2.5 hours ago...

Your post was almost as disturbing
10:17 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
Your post was almost as disturbing

Eric Matthews disagrees, also why quote a two week old post lol
04:45 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
Male - 22 Years Old
What wrongs with being just friends though? If anything you can build up from that.
10:46 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 22 Years Old
What wrongs with being just friends though? If anything you can build up from that.
i love your profile picture
03:42 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
xCoconutheadx
Perfectly Imperfect
United States
Female - 21 Years Old
I am the most naive person in the world when it comes to guys liking me. I end up pushing them away unintentionally and ruining not only my chances at relationships but often ruining our friendships. ugh.

I can relate to that. And I dont know but it could be that I come off as too 'needy'. I have to admit texting and calling several times a day is too much.
09:09 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
Djentleman
Male - 26 Years Old
if we aren't gonna bone, then what's the point of hanging out/being friends? might as well just have guy friends

sorry im not sorry

:gay:
07:33 PM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
Never have been friend zoned. Not that I ever went after anyone...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos