Password

06:30 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member

First album in nearly a decade. New single and video are available now. Released March 11th in the UK, March 12th in North America.

This is the best news ever. One of my favourite artists of all time. Such a surprise.

Track Listing
1. The Next Day
2. Dirty Boys
3. The Stars (Are Out Tonight)
4. Love is Lost
5. Where Are We Now?
6. Valentine's Day
7. If You Can See Me
8. I'd Rather Be High
9. Boss of Me
10. Dancing Out in Space
11. How Does the Grass Grow?
12. (You Will) Set the World on Fire
13. You Feel So Lonely You Could Die
14. Heat
Bonus tracks:
15. So She
16. I’ll Take You There
17. Plan
06:46 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
No way. How long has it been since he put out an album?
Reality was late 2003.
06:56 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Damn. Looking forward to this. I need to listen to more Bowie.
You really really do. God this news has me beyond excited. So happy.
06:57 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
If a tour happens for this, whatever I'm supposed to be that day and night can shove it. Wanted to see Bowie for years and is probably the only artist I haven't seen live that I'm still absolutely desperate to.
07:13 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Wow, this is really exciting. Love Bowie, I thought Reality was a tad forgettable, but I'm still madly excited about this. I just assumed he'd retired from music, so this is so cool.
"New Killer Star" is such a great opening track for Reality though.
07:26 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Oh, yeah definitely some cracking tracks, but I don't return to the album much. Absolutely adore pretty much all of his 70s stuff though. Favourite album is probably Hunky Dory or Station to Station, I reckon.
Likewise but add Low in there too for me.
04:56 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Interview with Tony Visconti (producer) gives more insight into it all. Video here.

Quote:
Speaking about new single 'Where Are We Now?', Visconti said: "I think it's a very reflective track for David. He certainly is looking back on his Berlin period and it evokes this feeling… it's very melancholy, I think. It's the only track on the album that goes this much inward for him. It's quite a rock album, the rest of the songs, so I thought to myself why is David coming out with this very slow, albeit beautiful, ballad why is he doing this? He should come out with a bang. But he is a master of his own life. I think this was a very smart move, linking the past with the future, and I think the next thing you hear from him is going to be quite different.

Adding: "I've been listening to this on headphones walking through the streets of New York for the past two years, and I have not tired of a single song. I think the material on this album is extremely strong and beautiful, and if people are looking for classic Bowie they'll find it on this album, if they're looking for innovative Bowie, new directions, they're going to find that on this album too."

Speaking to BBC via Skype in New York, Visconti also spoke about the rumours surrounding Bowie's health, assuring fans that he is fit and healthty. "David is extremely healthy, he's rosy-cheeked, he smiles a lot," Visconti said. "During the recording he was smiling, he was so happy to be back in the studio. From the old days I recall that he was the loudest singer I've ever worked with. When he starts singing I'd have to back off, and go into another room and just leave him in front of a microphone, he still has that power in that chest and in his voice. We all know he had a health scare in 2003, 2004, but he's a very healthy man I can assure you, I've been saying this for the past few years. I couldn't explain why I know that, but I worked with a very healthy and happy David Bowie in the studio."
05:01 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
It seems that this is the official artwork too with an interview with the designer here:

07:42 AM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Just saw on facebook that Q magazine (not familiar with it) is giving this ablum a 5 star review. I think we're supposed to get a new single next week as well.
On Sunday we are yeah. Can't wait.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version