Username
Password

08:35 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
gman610
Second Best
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
Shamefully, I've never really gotten into Bowie. I've had Aladdin Sane out to listen to (my dad's a big fan), and I think this'll give me the push to start listening.
01:55 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Ridiculous answers in here. Low is the best Bowie album. Followed by Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory, Diamond Dogs, Scary Monsters, Station to Station, Aladdin Sane, Young Americans, Space Oddity, "Heroes", Lodger, Man Who Sold the World, Let's Dance, 'hours...' in that order. Everything else is more or less expendable, but those albums are crucial.
02:10 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 21 Years Old
Would love to see him play Ziggy Stardust in full live. Top 10 album from the 70s for sure. Might pick this up since I have rarely been disappointed by a veteran artist releasing new material.
02:56 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Unfortunately, there are no plans for live dates or interviews.
05:33 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
love the single
05:36 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
LA
Male - 22 Years Old
obviously not a fan of the on-screen lyrics in the video, but the song itself is really moving, the chord progression made me do a double-take the first time i heard it
10:02 PM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
Love the outro to that song
04:56 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Interview with Tony Visconti (producer) gives more insight into it all. Video here.

Quote:
Speaking about new single 'Where Are We Now?', Visconti said: "I think it's a very reflective track for David. He certainly is looking back on his Berlin period and it evokes this feeling… it's very melancholy, I think. It's the only track on the album that goes this much inward for him. It's quite a rock album, the rest of the songs, so I thought to myself why is David coming out with this very slow, albeit beautiful, ballad why is he doing this? He should come out with a bang. But he is a master of his own life. I think this was a very smart move, linking the past with the future, and I think the next thing you hear from him is going to be quite different.

Adding: "I've been listening to this on headphones walking through the streets of New York for the past two years, and I have not tired of a single song. I think the material on this album is extremely strong and beautiful, and if people are looking for classic Bowie they'll find it on this album, if they're looking for innovative Bowie, new directions, they're going to find that on this album too."

Speaking to BBC via Skype in New York, Visconti also spoke about the rumours surrounding Bowie's health, assuring fans that he is fit and healthty. "David is extremely healthy, he's rosy-cheeked, he smiles a lot," Visconti said. "During the recording he was smiling, he was so happy to be back in the studio. From the old days I recall that he was the loudest singer I've ever worked with. When he starts singing I'd have to back off, and go into another room and just leave him in front of a microphone, he still has that power in that chest and in his voice. We all know he had a health scare in 2003, 2004, but he's a very healthy man I can assure you, I've been saying this for the past few years. I couldn't explain why I know that, but I worked with a very healthy and happy David Bowie in the studio."
05:00 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
The fact he says it's a very rock album is encouraging after the single being a slow one. All my favourite Bowie, Suffragette City, Jean Genie and the like are the rock numbers.
05:01 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
It seems that this is the official artwork too with an interview with the designer here:

05:55 AM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Hello
CT
Male - 17 Years Old
Can't wait for this, single is great. Hope there's a tour.
06:34 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
kazuma_ootaro28
Male - 27 Years Old
Truly a fantastic song. And Low is indeed one of the best.
06:57 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old
I cannot adequately express or convey my excitement for this album. The lead single is beautiful.
09:21 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Really interested in this. Didn't like his last handful of albums but I love the single.
06:13 AM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
End of Disc One
Male - 28 Years Old
Just saw on facebook that Q magazine (not familiar with it) is giving this ablum a 5 star review. I think we're supposed to get a new single next week as well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos