When he mentioned that there have been Prozac pills that can lead to people going crazy and committing mass murders/suicides, I looked it up after the video to see if he was telling the truth and turns out, Anna Blake Tracy Ph.D., researched 32 murders/suicides that involved women and children and out of the 32 cases, 24 of the women were taking Prozac or other SSIR pills.
Yeah but the thing with all that is that
1. he's on TV to talk about gun control, not Prozac (this should be the end, but I'll keep going)
2. the side effects of Prozac are written right on the bottle and online, it's not a secret.
3. 24 cases of someone being on Prozac before committing murder/suicide in 12 years! is not anywhere near equitable to 11,478 gun deaths per year (Jones' stat)
4. Scientifically, at this time connecting Prozac to murders/suicide is a ridiculously flimsy connection since 24 million people per year take Prozac or other anti-depressants, and Jones points to 24 cases reported from 2000 (if that's the study he's using, I'm sure it's not).
5. 60% to 80% of people who take Prozac or other anti-depressants say they're helpful and report no feelings of depression/urges to kill/etc.
6. Suicide is not the #1 cause of death in the US
Basically this is all false equivalency at it's finest.