Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 59
11:13 AM on 01/08/13
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
I'm infinitely excited about this record, however I do agree about the Haley ordeal. She might as well be touring with a road band.
11:20 AM on 01/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm infinitely excited about this record, however I do agree about the Haley ordeal. She might as well be touring with a road band.
I find it inherently sexist that people don't make these same comments about the insane number of male fronted bands that have gone through far, far, far more line-up changes.

Chris Conley ... might as well be touring with a road band.
Adam Lazzara ... might as well be touring with a road band.
Kris Roe ... well, basically is touring with a road band.
11:26 AM on 01/08/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I find it inherently sexist that people don't make these same comments about the insane number of male fronted bands that have gone through far, far, far more line-up changes.

Check and mate.
11:40 AM on 01/08/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Well this thread is awesome already
11:43 AM on 01/08/13
AvengeCasper
User Info.
I am confused, because Taking Back Sunday is back to the original line-up?

Keagan Ilvonen, were you lucky enough to have Hayley send you any pics from her cell phone?

Opps, nevermind, that was 2010, but she still is a feisty-hot red - right on par with Mad Men's Christina Hendricks.

But on a real note, in defense of the new band, the Farro's may be gone, but Ilan's drumming is superb - excited about that.
12:09 PM on 01/08/13
AvengeCasper
User Info.
Sorry for my crass remarks on the previous post, this is an excellent interview, Keagan. Very well done, you covered all of the bases - and I like how you explored the reason of the self title.

It was pretty cool to showcase how Hailey said the one guy gets to be like a mad-scientist and the bassist gets to show more of his initial talent too.

I'm really excited to hear this new sound - particularly the comparison to Metric - if there's any credence to that grapevine comment.

I also wonder if Hailey's relationship with Chad Gilbert will shine through on this self-titled - whether through inspiration, influence of sound, but I think overall we are all in for a treat.

A lot to look forward to in 2013!
12:09 PM on 01/08/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.

I don't think the people making arguments that Hayley might as well have a solo career are saying that because of line-up changes or sexism. Hell, this had been an issue far beyond the Farro brothers leaving (does a certain "Paramore Is A Band" shirt ring a bell?). I think to them, it's more an issue of who is getting the most attention in said band. In Paramore's case, it's obviously Hayley by a landslide -- so much so that the casual fan might not ever hear about the other members. That's where you're right in comparing Chris Conley and Kris Roe to this. I already pretty much do look at those two as solo artists with backing bands, though. Personally, I think Adam Lazzara is a bad example in the defense of your argument. To the casual fan, he isn't seemingly the only person in his band that gets attention. In fact, his band has spent the last few years milking the reunion of the original members.

To be clear though, I do agree with you. Paramore is very much a full band, and deserve to be recognized as that without being criticized for something as trivial as who gets the most attention. Take away the band and just leave Hayley by herself, I guarantee the music wouldn't sound like Paramore anymore. The same could not be said for The Ataris or Saves The Day, these kind of comments have more of a place in their threads.
12:50 PM on 01/08/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
lots of dumb people in here.
12:56 PM on 01/08/13
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
User Info.
I like Paramore's music. I don't care for Hayley Williams. I'm not, however, going to shit all over her or this thread because she's fronting a male band that has undergone lineup changes while she's remained the constant.
02:04 PM on 01/08/13
J.Dick
User Info.
FOB, MCR, and Paramore are foundational bands of the scene. Fun. don't even begin to register in that category. Saying that Grammy nominations somehow make up for that is laughable.

What scene is that?
02:20 PM on 01/08/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haley fanboys up in here LOL
02:22 PM on 01/08/13
sjb2k1
User Info.
FOB, MCR, and Paramore are foundational bands of the scene. Fun. don't even begin to register in that category. Saying that Grammy nominations somehow make up for that is laughable.
one would assume fun. had an advantage at the beginning because of the format's fans coming to see what nate's new band was all about
02:27 PM on 01/08/13
valoo
User Info.

Keagan Ilvonen, were you lucky enough to have Hayley send you any pics from her cell phone?

The only question I am interested in is this one.
03:02 PM on 01/08/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
would also like to know the above.

other than that, people have to chill. How come someones statement can cause so much pain in your life? just words
03:07 PM on 01/08/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
haha not bitter at all, just the truth. She might as well become a solo artist there is more money out there for her.
No she couldn't because Taylor York is the primary songwriter of Paramore. These songs wouldn't exist if it was just Hayley Williams you ignorant fuck. And before Taylor, Josh Farro was the primary songwriter. I have no fucking idea why people think Paramore could might as well be the Hayley Williams show - Hayley is of course the frontman, but most Paramore songs wouldn't exist without Josh Farro, and the upcoming songs wouldn't have existed without Taylor York.

Paramore actually has one of the more collaborative songwriting processes, unlike Green Day which could be the Billie Joe Armstrong show or MCR which could be the Gerard Way show or Foo Fighers which could be the Dave Grohl show. But Paramore... I really have no idea why people think that Hayley is the only real member of the band when the songs are written through collaboration with Josh and now Taylor. People feel the need to bring up that idiotic discussion in every fucking Paramore topic. People are just sexist. Nobody would say anything about any solo careers if the singer of Paramore was a man.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos