parawhore23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
paramore es lo mejor chicos los sigo asta las ultimas
04:27 PM on 01/09/13
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
User Info.
It's funny that people think Paramore isn't aware that Hayley's the main focus. I remember a while ago the guys joked that they liked just sitting there and doing nothing while Hayley runs around doing interviews. It's just how the game is played. Lead singer has the voice the public hears; they'll get the attention (especially if the singer is a girl as pointed out by a lot of people).
04:35 PM on 01/09/13
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
I find it inherently sexist that people don't make these same comments about the insane number of male fronted bands that have gone through far, far, far more line-up changes.

Chris Conley ... might as well be touring with a road band.
Adam Lazzara ... might as well be touring with a road band.
Kris Roe ... well, basically is touring with a road band.
And you'd be right if most of the other musicians in those bands weren't so infamous for their parts in the band. I can tell you right now that the very first thing that pops into my mind when i think of Paramore is Haley. I don't feel that way about TBS though. That's all subjective though, I suppose.
10:43 AM on 01/10/13
AvengeCasper
User Info.
Back to the original line-up you say? Sorry, I missed the announcement where Jesse Lacey had rejoined the band....
For all intents and purposes, the lineup from Tell All Your Friends that put the band on the map vs. the inverse of Matt Rubano on Bass and Matthew Fazzi Lead-Guitar (New Again Album). You are indeed right that Jesse Lacey was indeed an "original" member.
01:32 PM on 01/10/13
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
I've gotta say, every single answer in that interview seemed so fake. Sometimes even condescending. It's amazing how people will take things in a certain context when they're getting imaginary blowjobs from their imaginary rockstar girlfriend every night.
07:13 PM on 01/10/13
likedyingy0ung
I should have crashed the car
User Info.
I really love this community, until an article drops involving something semi-popular I happen to enjoy. Then I realize that people really and truly just want to hate on anyone who happens to break through the barriers placed on much of this scene to become a top forty artist. People will take literally anything they can use as an excuse to demean an artist; in this instance the media focus on Hayley. Say Anything basically is and always has been Max's project and that's no secret and since when does anyone start shit about that? Like, grow up. And as for the person who said she sounded fake....where do you even get that? If you tried you couldn't even tell me what she'd have to say in order to NOT sound fake to you, because regardless of what she answered (and her interview went pretty much like any interview AP does with a frontman or frontwoman does) you would have said the same thing. It's amazing how people assume her fans fantasize about getting blowjobs from her when in reality it could just be that she has nice pipes, in terms of vocal ability, not just fellatio.
12:30 AM on 01/12/13
jigger88
User Info.
I really love this community, until an article drops involving something semi-popular I happen to enjoy. Then I realize that people really and truly just want to hate on anyone who happens to break through the barriers placed on much of this scene to become a top forty artist. People will take literally anything they can use as an excuse to demean an artist; in this instance the media focus on Hayley. Say Anything basically is and always has been Max's project and that's no secret and since when does anyone start shit about that? Like, grow up. And as for the person who said she sounded fake....where do you even get that? If you tried you couldn't even tell me what she'd have to say in order to NOT sound fake to you, because regardless of what she answered (and her interview went pretty much like any interview AP does with a frontman or frontwoman does) you would have said the same thing. It's amazing how people assume her fans fantasize about getting blowjobs from her when in reality it could just be that she has nice pipes, in terms of vocal ability, not just fellatio.
Yes to everything you said.
12:07 AM on 01/22/13
Richard Maxim
User Info.

It's called having an opinion, the foundations this site was built upon. Would you prefer we dick rode everything you liked? Is it against the site's beliefs to have controversial opinions?
12:53 AM on 01/22/13
likedyingy0ung
User Info.
It's called having an opinion, the foundations this site was built upon. Would you prefer we dick rode everything you liked? Is it against the site's beliefs to have controversial opinions?
No, but it's hypocritical to bring up opinion entitlement cries when all I did was in fact voice my own opinion. You have every right to voice your opinions, all of you; and when I think that you're defending your opinions with double standards, I have the right to point that out. I will never be one to contradict so-called 'controversial' beliefs. I'm simply participating in the larger dialogue and pointing out the flaws in logic used by many when they are criticizing this particular band.
07:44 PM on 01/22/13
Richard Maxim
User Info.
No, but it's hypocritical to bring up opinion entitlement cries when all I did was in fact voice my own opinion. You have every right to voice your opinions, all of you; and when I think that you're defending your opinions with double standards, I have the right to point that out. I will never be one to contradict so-called 'controversial' beliefs. I'm simply participating in the larger dialogue and pointing out the flaws in logic used by many when they are criticizing this particular band.
Glad that were here stating our opinions.

What you unfortunately did was different, you generalized a large group of people and also made a horrible example in comparing Max Bemis' situation to Haley's. Most of the members in SA have a side project of some sort going on that is adored by many members of this site. Parker Case with Jamisonparker and Jeff Turner with XO as well as filling in for bands like Hot Rod Circuit. These dudes are a lot more than just Fill in's for someone else which unfortunately is the case with Paramore.
12:21 PM on 01/23/13
likedyingy0ung
User Info.
Glad that were here stating our opinions.

What you unfortunately did was different, you generalized a large group of people and also made a horrible example in comparing Max Bemis' situation to Haley's. Most of the members in SA have a side project of some sort going on that is adored by many members of this site. Parker Case with Jamisonparker and Jeff Turner with XO as well as filling in for bands like Hot Rod Circuit. These dudes are a lot more than just Fill in's for someone else which unfortunately is the case with Paramore.
So it's the case just because the musicians in Paramore focus on it as a full-time gig? And that somehow isn't a generalization in itself?
10:27 PM on 01/23/13
Richard Maxim
User Info.
So it's the case just because the musicians in Paramore focus on it as a full-time gig? And that somehow isn't a generalization in itself?
You didn't make any sense and have now gone off topic.
12:06 AM on 01/24/13
likedyingy0ung
User Info.
You didn't make any sense and have now gone off topic.
No I didn't. You talked about how all of Max's backup for SA have side projects, etc. You then stated that Taylor and Jeremy are simply fill-ins, which is such a total non sequitur argument. It doesn't follow that simply because they aren't doing other things and focus largely on Paramore that they are 'fill ins' as you worded it. Taylor wrote most of the songs on the upcoming album; how does that leave him as anything resembling a hired gun? You accused me of making a generalization and a horrible comparison; I don't take that lightly. SA is clearly Max's project, and while his backing band may be in other projects, he's made it no secret that SA is his thing. Meanwhile, Paramore isn't even Hayley's project alone and there's plenty of evidence supporting that, and yet people still like to complain about the band and try to accuse her of being the sole musician in the band, using the others as hired guns, etc. I thought it was a tired and invalid argument and many are fans of both bands so I simply pointed out that by logic if one wasn't dabbling in favoritism, they would be complaining about both.

So in short: I haven't gone off topic. My response was short, granted, and I suppose I should apologize for that since I typed it out hastily towards the end of a thirty minute break between classes.
10:38 PM on 01/24/13
Richard Maxim
User Info.
No I didn't. You talked about how all of Max's backup for SA have side projects, etc. You then stated that Taylor and Jeremy are simply fill-ins, which is such a total non sequitur argument. It doesn't follow that simply because they aren't doing other things and focus largely on Paramore that they are 'fill ins' as you worded it. Taylor wrote most of the songs on the upcoming album; how does that leave him as anything resembling a hired gun? You accused me of making a generalization and a horrible comparison; I don't take that lightly. SA is clearly Max's project, and while his backing band may be in other projects, he's made it no secret that SA is his thing. Meanwhile, Paramore isn't even Hayley's project alone and there's plenty of evidence supporting that, and yet people still like to complain about the band and try to accuse her of being the sole musician in the band, using the others as hired guns, etc. I thought it was a tired and invalid argument and many are fans of both bands so I simply pointed out that by logic if one wasn't dabbling in favoritism, they would be complaining about both.

So in short: I haven't gone off topic. My response was short, granted, and I suppose I should apologize for that since I typed it out hastily towards the end of a thirty minute break between classes.
I have now drifted off past this debate, I appreciate the banter though. It was fun.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests