Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45
01:04 AM on 03/01/08
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
User Info.
Holy shit! Words can not describe my excitement right now. I am very surprised that The Arcade Fire is even coming to Cleveland, let alone a free show for such a good cause. I was suppose to go to the first AFL game in Cleveland on Monday but now I am going to go to this show instead. I'm not going to work so I make sure I get there early enough to get in! I have a feeling this will be on the best shows I've ever seen.
01:50 AM on 03/01/08
Imtheotherguy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Im all types of hoping its not a damn zoo at the beachland and I am one of the first come first serve.
04:08 AM on 03/01/08
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
this guy really knows how to get the kids vote
04:48 AM on 03/01/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
there not even american... they're from canada. wouldn't make sense if a huge band from america played. since it is the... presidential campaign... for america. other wise thats pretty cool they rock live.
From press release:

"Though the Arcade Fire is known as a Canadian band, Win and Will were born and raised in the U.S. (and spent their formative years in Texas), Regine is a dual citizen whose dad served in Vietnam, and Jeremy Gara is just a really nice Canadian who likes playing music and is sick of explaining to Americans what universal health care means."
08:20 AM on 03/01/08
TMS2787
User Info.
Im all types of hoping its not a damn zoo at the beachland and I am one of the first come first serve.
I hear that man. What time do you plan on getting to the venue?
08:51 AM on 03/01/08
BGP
Registered Badass
User Info.
there not even american... they're from canada. wouldn't make sense if a huge band from america played. since it is the... presidential campaign... for america. other wise thats pretty cool they rock live.

Ok, so in order to have a an opinion on the way America is run, we have to live in America? great logic.
09:34 AM on 03/01/08
romantic rights
User Info.
From press release:

"Though the Arcade Fire is known as a Canadian band, Win and Will were born and raised in the U.S. (and spent their formative years in Texas), Regine is a dual citizen whose dad served in Vietnam, and Jeremy Gara is just a really nice Canadian who likes playing music and is sick of explaining to Americans what universal health care means."

Good job, I was hoping somebody posted it so I wouldn't have to.
10:10 AM on 03/01/08
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
Very awesome.
10:37 AM on 03/01/08
dingy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
amazing band, funeral is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I guess it's a cool thing they're doing even though I'm not supporting Obama.
11:44 AM on 03/01/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
This was supposed to be at my school, Case Western, but then I guess there was no where to hold it so they had to move it. Still cool that it's in Cleveland though. Everything political has been here this week.
11:50 AM on 03/01/08
kallok
The Man
User Info.
I was gona see The Honorary Title Monday... but screw that!
12:07 PM on 03/01/08
TMS2787
User Info.
This was supposed to be at my school, Case Western, but then I guess there was no where to hold it so they had to move it. Still cool that it's in Cleveland though. Everything political has been here this week.
Case doesn't have a gym or audtorium that is bigger than Beachland Ballroom hold it in? I just hope I can get in. Oh and the show is 18 and older.
12:15 PM on 03/01/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
Case doesn't have a gym or audtorium that is bigger than Beachland Ballroom hold it in? I just hope I can get in. Oh and the show is 18 and older.

We do have a fairly large gym - Adelbert. Jack's Mannequin was there a few weeks ago. I think it's booked. I'm in Case Democrats, so we play a role in putting all this stuff on, and the kid in charge of Case students for Obama said that pretty much everything on campus is booked this weekend. Although, they did find space for Chelsea Clinton to speak this morning, and for Kal Penn (the dude in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle) to speak tonight. I guess a big concert is just harder or something. I don't know. I'll try to find out the exact reason though.

Also, we were supposed to get a small acoustic Wilco show, at this place called "The Spot" last week. It never happened. But, i think that place holds a few hundred people. It's a pretty intimate venue, about the size of the Grog Shop. Maybe a little smaller.

Ohh, and thank god for 18+. Make sense, you dont' want people who can't vote going to a show that's all about a political candidate.
12:38 PM on 03/01/08
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
I love what a political hotbed Ohio becomes around primaries. When Kerry ran, we got Bruce Springsteen, REM, and Bright Eyes supporting him at the Gund Arena. I think Arcade Fire at The Beachland for free is just as cool, but I probably won't make it. It will be a zoo early and it's an hour and a half drive for me. This will the first election I'm able to vote in and I couldn't be more excited.
12:39 PM on 03/01/08
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
It's cool that they're supporting him, but they can't even vote, they're all Canadian. Unless they have dual, but i doubt it

haha...exactly what I was thinking too. ;) but, I could care less, because their support of Obama is all that matters.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos