Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 45
11:40 AM on 03/01/08
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
From press release:

"Though the Arcade Fire is known as a Canadian band, Win and Will were born and raised in the U.S. (and spent their formative years in Texas), Regine is a dual citizen whose dad served in Vietnam, and Jeremy Gara is just a really nice Canadian who likes playing music and is sick of explaining to Americans what universal health care means."

I love that last line. kudos to these guys, I've always liked this band.
11:57 AM on 03/01/08
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
User Info.
We do have a fairly large gym - Adelbert. Jack's Mannequin was there a few weeks ago. I think it's booked. I'm in Case Democrats, so we play a role in putting all this stuff on, and the kid in charge of Case students for Obama said that pretty much everything on campus is booked this weekend. Although, they did find space for Chelsea Clinton to speak this morning, and for Kal Penn (the dude in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle) to speak tonight. I guess a big concert is just harder or something. I don't know. I'll try to find out the exact reason though.

Also, we were supposed to get a small acoustic Wilco show, at this place called "The Spot" last week. It never happened. But, i think that place holds a few hundred people. It's a pretty intimate venue, about the size of the Grog Shop. Maybe a little smaller.

Ohh, and thank god for 18+. Make sense, you dont' want people who can't vote going to a show that's all about a political candidate.
Can you tell me what time and where on campus Kal Penn is going to be tonight? I want to try to come out.

And I know the size of Beachland I've just never been there, which is why I'm going to get there early.

The Spot in Elyria? If Wilco did an acoustic show there that would've been sick.
12:06 PM on 03/01/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
Can you tell me what time and where on campus Kal Penn is going to be tonight? I want to try to come out.

And I know the size of Beachland I've just never been there, which is why I'm going to get there early.

The Spot in Elyria? If Wilco did an acoustic show there that would've been sick.

Sure, Kal Penn will be here tonight at 7PM at this place called Wackadoos. It's in the Twing Center. Which is right on Euclid Ave. You should be able to park under Severance Hall and somehow there's an elevator down there that takes you right to Twing. You'll notice the building because it's brick on either side, but has an atrium type thing in the middle. Once your in the Atrium, you will see Wackadoo's. Also, if you get there early, I believe there is free food. Hopefully that was helpful-ish.

And, no, there is a "The Spot" on the Case campus, right below our dining hall.
12:11 PM on 03/01/08
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
We do have a fairly large gym - Adelbert. Jack's Mannequin was there a few weeks ago. I think it's booked. I'm in Case Democrats, so we play a role in putting all this stuff on, and the kid in charge of Case students for Obama said that pretty much everything on campus is booked this weekend. Although, they did find space for Chelsea Clinton to speak this morning, and for Kal Penn (the dude in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle) to speak tonight. I guess a big concert is just harder or something. I don't know. I'll try to find out the exact reason though.

Also, we were supposed to get a small acoustic Wilco show, at this place called "The Spot" last week. It never happened. But, i think that place holds a few hundred people. It's a pretty intimate venue, about the size of the Grog Shop. Maybe a little smaller.

Ohh, and thank god for 18+. Make sense, you dont' want people who can't vote going to a show that's all about a political candidate.

i wish it came to case, i could leave right after class. anyone know when this starts? my friend saw them at cmj and recommended that we line up at noon to be able to get in. eek. let me know, if you find out, my sn on aim is jimboj917.
12:20 PM on 03/01/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
i wish it came to case, i could leave right after class. anyone know when this starts? my friend saw them at cmj and recommended that we line up at noon to be able to get in. eek. let me know, if you find out, my sn on aim is jimboj917.

If you go to CIA, you can probably join the Case Dems facebook group, and you'll learn about all the political event related events through that.
http://case.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2200061368
I'm fairly positive someone will be sending out event details about it within the next few days.
12:29 PM on 03/01/08
TMS2787
User Info.
Sure, Kal Penn will be here tonight at 7PM at this place called Wackadoos. It's in the Twing Center. Which is right on Euclid Ave. You should be able to park under Severance Hall and somehow there's an elevator down there that takes you right to Twing. You'll notice the building because it's brick on either side, but has an atrium type thing in the middle. Once your in the Atrium, you will see Wackadoo's. Also, if you get there early, I believe there is free food. Hopefully that was helpful-ish.

And, no, there is a "The Spot" on the Case campus, right below our dining hall.
Awesome, thank you!
Do they expect a packed house?
12:34 PM on 03/01/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
Awesome, thank you!
Do they expect a packed house?

There's probably going to be a decent sized crowd, but, I think a lot of people say they will come and then don't. Wackadoo's is pretty small though, so, who knows. I'm sure you'll be fine to get in. I wouldn't really worry about it. There were less than 100 people there to see Chelsea Clinton this morning.
02:58 PM on 03/01/08
TMartin442
dont look into the light
User Info.
holy shit. this is amazing. i have never heard of nelsonville, but i think its closer than cleveland, so it looks like i might be visiting nelsonville.
04:32 PM on 03/01/08
homerjay
User Info.
It's the Barack Obama Rock-o-rama.
05:31 PM on 03/01/08
TMS2787
User Info.
It's the Barack Obama Rock-o-rama.
Barack & Roll!
06:02 PM on 03/01/08
muffin falls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if only they weren't supid and stinky and gay buttholes!!!!!
Why dont those asses OD on themselves? They've probably already OD'd up their brains enough.
08:09 PM on 03/01/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
For anyone wondering, the Cleveland show starts at 8 and supposedly goes til' 10.
08:47 PM on 03/01/08
EdTheSellout
OU? OH YEA!
User Info.
NELSONVILLE REPRESENT!

Too bad the concert isn't on the OU campus like originally planned.
12:25 PM on 03/03/08
hairy
User Info.
I am about to head out to the one in Cleveland in like 30 minutes!!! pray that the rain holds out because i am camping out side the place for a few hours!!!
12:45 PM on 03/04/08
kallok
The Man
User Info.
any word on how the cleveland show was? i said fuck that i'm not gona risk not getting in because i had to be 2 hours away till 3. did go see the honorary title though, really good show with low attendance.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos