Password
Line-up Change News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 62.
02:57 PM on 01/09/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
Three Days Grace

Further to our press release of this morning we wanted to write to you directly our fans about the news of the day.

We appreciate everyone’s concern about Three Days Grace. We found out on December 21st that Adam wished to resign from the band. In a letter to us Adam indicated that he was resigning from the band due to a non life threatening health issue and wanted the band to continue moving forward without him. We were as shocked as many of you were to hear the news. Three Days Grace has always been and will continue to be not only our job but our passion. Instead of cancelling the tour, we felt an obligation to you, the fans, to forge ahead and put on the best show we can. Brad recently reached out to his brother Matt Walst, lead singer for My Darkest Days to fill in for the tour dates already announced. We've been hanging out and rehearsing with Matt and look forward to rocking the stage in a few weeks! As of right now, Matt's role is temporary and as far as the future and beyond this tour, we are taking it one day at a time. - 3DG
03:09 PM on 01/09/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
Adam Gontier

4 hours ago

ADAM GONTIER’S “ADDRESS OF RESIGNATION” FROM THREE DAYS GRACE

To all of my fans, my friends, my family, these are my words coming from my heart, separate from my role as “lead singer of Three Days Grace”.

I want you all to know how very thankful I am for your consistent love, your respect, and you’re undying support. It is important for me to address any concerns regarding my health being connected to drugs or addiction. The truth is, when I was struggling during that dark time in my life, I hit rock bottom, and I had the kindest of people reach out from all over the world, and reach their hands out to help pick me up. I am so blessed to be walking in the light now. I am reminded of your loyalty, always. The truth is, and I’m very proud to say this..., I am sober. That chapter in my life is over.

There have been many defining moments in my life. My time as part of Three Days Grace is most definitely one of the miraculous ones. I have had so many tender hearted people share with me their stories. How I’ve touched, or changed their lives. My truth is that all of the love I have received has forever changed my life. Each letter I’ve read, every picture I’ve been sent, all of the voices I’ve heard sing along with me, I will forever remember, and never forget...

After twenty years of being part of an ever evolving band, I have been inspired by life, to move on and to continue to evolve on my own terms. I could not be more grateful for all the souls who have travelled along with me. A journey I look back on with integrity, and a future I look forward to with such hope. I have always admired brave hearts. Life is always changing. I will continue to follow my heart, and what I love to do. I’m not sure what the next horizon will look like, but I do have all the faith in the world that whatever it is, It’s meant to be, and I have faith that blessings will continue to shine over all of us. I once heard a “brave heart” say:

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.”

It’s because of my life’s journey, because of all of you, that I believe.

Sincerely, with love,

Adam
03:20 PM on 01/09/13
agl
User Info.
Terrible news, I really like Gontier as their lead singer. Hope he's doing ok with whatever is going on.
03:45 PM on 01/09/13
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
One of my least favorite bands of their kind. Went to Uproar Fest in 2011 for A7X and BFMV, and had to suffer through their set. On the other hand, Seether shocked me and put on a phenomenal show.
04:11 PM on 01/09/13
foisol
EST 1986
User Info.
What's butt rock?
04:51 PM on 01/09/13
Djentleman
User Info.
bunch of snobby elitist pricks in this thread
not everyone likes what you like, get over yourselves
04:57 PM on 01/09/13
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Heartfelt goodbye letter, I'll always remember his voice in this band no matter what they do next.
05:06 PM on 01/09/13
mping82
User Info.

Agreed. It's amazing how narrow-minded people can be musically. I don't understand how it's difficult to like bands like The Wonder Years and Blink-182 and like other genres of rock like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, etc. I've seen Three Days Grace live a couple times, and I thought they always put on a good show. Sucks for the band, hopefully he at least does something else in music.
05:52 PM on 01/09/13
mbarney82
User Info.
i wonder what his low point included. im assuming drugs, such as alcohol or cocaine. but this band and breaking benjamin such as the guy ahead of me brings up a solid point.
06:07 PM on 01/09/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Amen. I mean, this website can't post a news story every time Jesse Lacey uses the bathroom or when Shone puts another random sentence on a website.

Serious note: I've been a fan of 3DG for a long time and it sucks that Adam has left the band. I hope he goes to rehab and takes care of everything. I have a feeling that this will be 3DG's last tour unless Adam returns soon.
06:09 PM on 01/09/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
One of my least favorite bands of their kind. Went to Uproar Fest in 2011 for A7X and BFMV, and had to suffer through Seether's set. On the other hand, Three Days Grace shocked me and put on a phenomenal show.

I feel the total opposite that you do lol. Seether is a terrible band.
08:44 PM on 01/09/13
ttmessick
User Info.
I hadn't really kept up with this band but I was jamming that last single "Chalk Outline" or whatever. Anyone hear it? I thought it was pretty catchy. COME AT ME!
12:05 AM on 01/10/13
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i saw 3DG in 2008 with Breaking Benjamin, what a great show. Adam had great vocals. sadly i think the band will break up if he doesnt come back
12:46 AM on 01/10/13
vivatoto56
EB was left out
User Info.
They're actually decent live.
They use to come to Montana a lot, and then they tore up the stage in this epic monologue inside of Home, they weren't asked back.

I loved them back in the day, and I remembered their shows (especially that moment) always being great.
06:11 AM on 01/10/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I'm really wondering what's wrong with Adam.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests