thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
i support dinosaur keef.

AN ASTEROID ***** THATS THAT SHIT I DONT LIKE
10:35 PM on 01/09/13
Greg
User Info.
Selling coke is not a great life choice. Didn't realize people would have to point that out. Wow. This thread is filled with awful logic and ignorance. Damn.
10:47 PM on 01/09/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
Anyone with a manager named "Peeda Pan" needs to seriously rethink his/her surroundings.
10:49 PM on 01/09/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
No, man. I love hip-hop. But I have friends in Chicago that have deal with the murders that go on there and garbage like this that supports the kind of stuff is something I won't listen to or support. It's counterproductive and stupid. There's no value in it
Agreed. There is more conscious rap in the Midwest that should be brought to the forefront, rather than Chief Keef stuff.
11:09 PM on 01/09/13
jonayy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone with a manager named "Peeda Pan" needs to seriously rethink his/her surroundings.
pita pan gets all the bread
11:11 PM on 01/09/13
awsten
User Info.
luv u sosa
11:32 PM on 01/09/13
ChaseTx
pita pan gets all the bread
lol it's funny because it's two words for bread
03:44 AM on 01/10/13
shadley07
User Info.
he can't go to jail.....he hates being sober
05:18 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
Why are you defending him?

Because you're arguing we should dispense with constitutional rights because you're an idiot. You also have very poor reading comprehension.
05:21 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
No, man. I love hip-hop. But I have friends in Chicago that have deal with the murders that go on there and garbage like this that supports the kind of stuff is something I won't listen to or support. It's counterproductive and stupid. There's no value in it

You haven't addressed my.post from earlier. He's a product of his environment. His representation of the way Chicago has degenerated is to me inherently valuable. On top of that, why does art need "value"? What does that even mean?
05:50 AM on 01/10/13
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
Dude is really awkward in interviews, I watched one of donald glover and him interviewing each other. Cringeworthy.
07:04 AM on 01/10/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Chief Keef is the perfect example of what is happening in Chicago. This is a problem and it is insulting that he has any fan base... He glamorizes shooting cops/killing people/doing drugs. I hope he goes to prison for a long time.

I'm not foolish to realize this already exists in the rap community, but he was 15/16 when he wrote these songs. When is young, too young.
07:32 AM on 01/10/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
You haven't addressed my.post from earlier. He's a product of his environment. His representation of the way Chicago has degenerated is to me inherently valuable. On top of that, why does art need "value"? What does that even mean?
So we should take his idiotic music as something of value because "Hate Being Sober" and "I Don't Like" are not terrible rap songs, but rather art pieces showing what the real Chicago is like? Come on.

I stand by my opinion that his music has no value. It's music that glorifies the absolute worst things plaguing the Chicago area and only goes to reinforce that killing is perfectly fine, can get you a record deal and millions of Youtube views. It reminds me of when Kendrick Lamar was asked what he was writing when he was 16 and he said it was a bunch of terrible murder music. That's what this is, minus any insight, intellect or wit.
08:07 AM on 01/10/13
bowbzzz
User Info.
Chief Keef is the perfect example of what is happening in Chicago. This is a problem and it is insulting that he has any fan base... He glamorizes shooting cops/killing people/doing drugs. I hope he goes to prison for a long time.

I'm not foolish to realize this already exists in the rap community, but he was 15/16 when he wrote these songs. When is young, too young.
He should go to prison because he's young? or does anybody who touches a gun and coke in his life deserve to be locked up? Clarify your statement, but I don't think either option will fair too well.
08:26 AM on 01/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
So we should take his idiotic music as something of value because "Hate Being Sober" and "I Don't Like" are not terrible rap songs, but rather art pieces showing what the real Chicago is like? Come on.

I stand by my opinion that his music has no value. It's music that glorifies the absolute worst things plaguing the Chicago area and only goes to reinforce that killing is perfectly fine, can get you a record deal and millions of Youtube views. It reminds me of when Kendrick Lamar was asked what he was writing when he was 16 and he said it was a bunch of terrible murder music. That's what this is, minus any insight, intellect or wit.
You're acting like it's his fault. He's an 18 year old who grew up in one of the worst areas of the country. Your assertion that those songs are "Terrible" is subjective, and would be argued by many. It's probably useless to do so, but my point is that you seem to think that in order to be valuable, music must be some kind of critique or commentary if it arises from a pit like the area of Chicago that Keef is from. He's an victim - his music is, whether you like the way it sounds or not, the music of a culture. To dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't play into your expectations and standards is ludicrous. If anything, the vapidity and violence of the music should be of intense interest to someone who's concerned about the deteriorating state of the city as it's a pretty alarming statement from a young kid.

Insight, intellect or wit - the kid is 18. Barely older than Kendrick was in that statement. Locking him up because his music is "terrible" to you will prevent him from even having the opportunity to grow. It might seem unlikely, but maybe Chief Keef will mature and become the greatest voice for reform in Chicago.

If you're so desperate to have value from your music, the value of this music can be as a tool to show people how deplorable Chicago's violence problem is.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos