Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 86 of 86
11:21 AM on 01/10/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
What's "wrong with hip hop" is people like you declaring what is and isn't the definitive form of the genre. Keef makes some bangers and people enjoy them. Go listen to MF Doom if you want that lyrical shit. There's room for everyone.

Nah, you got it wrong. I said he's what's wrong with hip-hop. If I were really being blind, I'd say something stupid like "he's not hip-hop." I think he makes terrible music and is a boring, uncreative, uninspired rapper. People can enjoy him, I won't take that away from them. But I believe he's truly awful.
12:34 PM on 01/10/13
Gaugzilla
User Info.
He's a victim of socialization. Which usually means you're not even aware of the fact that you've been socialized to believe something, especially not in low-education areas.

If you really care about the problems in Chicago, you'd pity him, not direct anger at him. Direct that at the institutions and systems which have taken a kid and made him into something most of us find abhorrent. The blame lies there, not at the feet of someone who had no choice in the matter. He was a minor up until this year, meaning he really had no control over where he lived.

I pity his circumstances and that instead of rising above them, he has decided to glorify them. Supporting his music is a way of saying that you support what he does and what he raps about, as well as the gangs that have molded him into who he is.

I know people like Chief Keef. I covered courts for two years and saw many people like him. Just yesterday, we had a jury trial where a guy killed another drug dealer in cold blood. He got a recommended sentence of 105 years and publicly said he'd be out in three or four and chalked the whole sentence up to 'his haters.' He expressed no remorse. I feel sorry that he's so numb-skulled and devoid of emotion that he can't see killing someone as something serious. I really do. But fuck that guy. His surroundings certainly made him that way, but if you can't take that seriously - I don't even know.
01:01 PM on 01/10/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
He should go to prison because he's young? or does anybody who touches a gun and coke in his life deserve to be locked up? Clarify your statement, but I don't think either option will fair too well.
nah... also you mixed several of my statements into one.
04:27 PM on 01/10/13
volta
Is This Darkness or the Dawn
User Info.
I pity his circumstances and that instead of rising above them, he has decided to glorify them. Supporting his music is a way of saying that you support what he does and what he raps about, as well as the gangs that have molded him into who he is.

I know people like Chief Keef. I covered courts for two years and saw many people like him. Just yesterday, we had a jury trial where a guy killed another drug dealer in cold blood. He got a recommended sentence of 105 years and publicly said he'd be out in three or four and chalked the whole sentence up to 'his haters.' He expressed no remorse. I feel sorry that he's so numb-skulled and devoid of emotion that he can't see killing someone as something serious. I really do. But fuck that guy. His surroundings certainly made him that way, but if you can't take that seriously - I don't even know.
How can I take anything you say at face value when you literally had the lack of judgement to criticize I Don't Like? You can't argue about a song that is objectively and intrinsically a masterpiece.
04:56 PM on 01/10/13
Gaugzilla
User Info.
How can I take anything you say at face value when you literally had the lack of judgement to criticize I Don't Like? You can't argue about a song that is objectively and intrinsically a masterpiece.

Hahaha. That's a joke, right?
04:58 PM on 01/10/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
I hope Cheef Keith & Sophos' coke dealer friend get butt raped in prison by Ian Watkins of lostprophets
08:20 PM on 01/10/13
volta
User Info.
Hahaha. That's a joke, right?
You clearly have never heard this song and are just going off what some deaf kid told you or something because it's perfect.
09:35 PM on 01/10/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
A fellow classmate of mine is an intern for the Cook County Clerk's office and is doing some work on his case. She said that he is an absolute trashpail of a person. This dude gives Chicago a bad name.
07:50 AM on 01/11/13
Greg
User Info.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhhshhahahaha hahaha

And ha
04:46 PM on 01/11/13
volta
User Info.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhhshhahahaha hahaha

And ha
Either this guy has a good sense of humor, has great taste in music or is another typical AP fanboy that can't appreciate fun music. Wonderin which one.
07:57 PM on 01/11/13
Greg
User Info.
Either this guy has a good sense of humor, has great taste in music or is another typical AP fanboy that can't appreciate fun music. Wonderin which one.

"You can't argue about a song that is objectively and intrinsically a masterpiece."

A masterpiece? A masterpiece?

I guess cocaine really is a hell of a drug.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos