AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:45 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I just have no time for some random digital-only release where 3/4 of the songs will end up on the next album. Every time a band puts out a full-length, I go back and see how much of the EPs before don't overlap. Haha

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. Even when artists I love release EPs (which has happened a lot this year, between Butch Walker, Cary Brothers, Andrew McMahon, Matthew Mayfield, etc.), I end up listening to them less than I would to a full length. But yeah, if the songs are going to be on the full length anyway (i.e., The 1975), I purposely hold off on listening until the album.
11:46 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Yeah, pretty much the same for me. Even when artists I love release EPs (which has happened a lot this year, between Butch Walker, Cary Brothers, Andrew McMahon, Matthew Mayfield, etc.), I end up listening to them less than I would to a full length. But yeah, if the songs are going to be on the full length anyway (i.e., The 1975), I purposely hold off on listening until the album.

Cary Brothers put something out...?
11:49 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
RIGHT!?!?

(To be fair, Cody rec'd their EPs to me, but I'm too lazy to check out bands without full-lengths lately.)

But even with the singles/videos they dropped ahead of time for Don't Save Me and Falling, like... how did you not see/hear those tracks?!?!?!

Also, Steve, that "Take Back the Night"/"Hold On, We're Going Home" combo is still blowing my mind. It's almost ridiculous that the transition is that good.

Part of me likes to think that when Drake was recording his Cabaret verse, the two of them colluded to make it work that way, see if anyone would notice
11:51 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
An EP

11:52 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I have found this happening with me as well -- I miss out on EPs a lot
11:55 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member

Yeah, pretty solid five-song set called Let Me Be. I like it, but not as much as I love his two full lengths. Still worth checking out though.

Part of me likes to think that when Drake was recording his Cabaret verse, the two of them colluded to make it work that way, see if anyone would notice

Haha, that would be awesome. They will probably reveal the conspiracy in like, a decade.

Yep, that. How do you like that EP?
11:56 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I have found this happening with me as well -- I miss out on EPs a lot

Yeah, I've never actually made an EP list at the end of the year. Pretty much have to this year thanks to Butch, so I've been listening to more of them than normal lately.
11:57 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Not to spoil anything but "Hold On We're Going Home" was recorded in like July of this year so
11:59 AM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Yeah, pretty solid five-song set called Let Me Be. I like it, but not as much as I love his two full lengths. Still worth checking out though.

Haha, that would be awesome. They will probably reveal the conspiracy in like, a decade.

Yep, that. How do you like that EP?
I don't love it as much as his previous full lengths, but I think that's because it's not a full length - hah.

I talked a little with Cary and after finding out that he basically wrote these songs to get over a really bad break-up, I like it even more. I think it's a solid 5 track run. I really like about 3 of them.
02:19 PM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I don't love it as much as his previous full lengths, but I think that's because it's not a full length - hah.

I talked a little with Cary and after finding out that he basically wrote these songs to get over a really bad break-up, I like it even more. I think it's a solid 5 track run. I really like about 3 of them.

I'll have to listen again with that in mind.

Yeah, I like it just fine. "Disappear" is probably my favorite. None of the songs hit me like "Belong" or "Ghost Town" or "Someday" off the last record though, or like anything from Who You Are. The latter is one of my all-time favorite albums.

Hope he gets back out there with a full-length sooner rather than later.
02:22 PM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I'll have to listen again with that in mind.

Yeah, I like it just fine. "Disappear" is probably my favorite. None of the songs hit me like "Belong" or "Ghost Town" or "Someday" off the last record though, or like anything from Who You Are. The latter is one of my all-time favorite albums.

Hope he gets back out there with a full-length sooner rather than later.
I agree completely.
02:43 PM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 21 Years Old
I feel like he's definitely gonna release a Halloween themed video for True Blood
05:53 PM on 10/02/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
"Blindness" is pretty good
09:57 AM on 10/03/13 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
"Cause I got you saying Jesus so much its like we are laying in the Manger"

09:51 PM on 10/07/13 
User Info.
DallasC
Eugene, OR
Male
This past weekend has confirmed, you can in fact not drink someone away. Should have taken your word for it JT..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos