Username
Password

11:43 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
captainamazing4
@josh_newton
Southern California
Male
Wait, people hate this? People have opinions? This is insane!
11:45 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Ari Christos
blowin on that endo
Baltimore, MD
Male - 22 Years Old
obviously the only inspiration in the entire first two songs is motown.

I don't even know how to respond to this I could say Motown inspired hip hop r&b infused retro futuristic pop and my sentiment would remain the same
11:45 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
a. thats not true
b. you're clearly upset because someone doesnt feel the same way about this album as you
where in this entire thread have i been upset at anyone's opinion on the album? are you referring to my disagreement that the album is "all over the place"? If you think that comment has anything to do with "upset" or "feelings on the album" then you should work on your reading comprehension
11:47 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
where in this entire thread have i been upset at anyone's opinion on the album? are you referring to my disagreement that the album is "all over the place"? If you think that comment has anything to do with "upset" or "feelings on the album" then you should work on your reading comprehension
no, you pointed out for some reason that there aren't any threads where somebody doesnt hate on an album. that's such an obvious part of any forum that has a large population that the only reason i can fathom you pointing it out is that you are upset about it
11:48 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Ari Christos
blowin on that endo
Baltimore, MD
Male - 22 Years Old
Sounds like R&B following R&B following R&B to me

Well then you're fucking stupid like I could gather that's 100% false from a cursory listen. I'm not even here to play genre police I enjoy the exploration of styles but in this case it seems so haphazardly strewn together
11:51 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Ill agree that it doesnt all fit but i dont really find it offputting. Grooves of most of the songs are good once they get going

Agree also that its a little bloated and the fat could be cut down on certain songs. Still enjoy the record though
11:52 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I think this album is fairly diverse, I don't think it's as simple as R&B songs following R&B songs, but I also disagree that it's all over the place.

I really enjoy this album.
Agreed.
11:53 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
its probably the best thing of the year so far
11:53 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
no, you pointed out for some reason that there aren't any threads where somebody doesnt hate on an album. that's such an obvious part of any forum that has a large population that the only reason i can fathom you pointing it out is that you are upset about it

are you serious right now? because i pointed out something obvious you think that means I am upset with someone not feeling the same way about me? umm... what?

Well then you're fucking stupid like I could gather that's 100% false from a cursory listen. I'm not even here to play genre police I enjoy the exploration of styles but in this case it seems so haphazardly strewn together

calm down lil' one, I'm just saying it's an R&B album in my mind and isn't "all over the place"
11:54 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
are you serious right now? because i pointed out something obvious you think that means I am upset with someone not feeling the same way about me? umm... what?

well then you decided to point out that all i do is shit on people 80% of the time (not true, i'll even dig through my posts and get an actual percentage for you if you want) made me think you were getting massively defensive because you were upset when i was just joking around with you
11:55 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
well then you decided to point out that all i do is shit on people 80% of the time (not true, i'll even dig through my posts and get an actual percentage for you if you want) made me think you were getting massively defensive because you were upset when i was just joking around with you
can we just play nice now?
11:56 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
can we just play nice now?
well i finally hit 30k posts so yes
12:00 PM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Ari Christos
blowin on that endo
Baltimore, MD
Male - 22 Years Old
Don't get me wrong there's great moments on the album, Tunnel Vision, Spaceship, and That Girl take up like 20 minutes of the whole goddamn thing and that's my probably my favorite section. But it's painfully exhausting to get through shit like 8 minutes of sleepy ass Strawberry Bubblegum or the Thrice Water EP throwaway closing track
12:00 PM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
tunnel vision is so good
12:01 PM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
irthesteve