Username
Password
Video News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 93.
02:16 PM on 01/10/13
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
So excited! And damn, that voice, had to push replay again.

I watched the video like 3 times hah
05:55 PM on 01/10/13
DisenShaanted
User Info.
Best news ever. Christ only knows what this could even possibly sound like.
06:00 PM on 01/10/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
No, we're wondering why you don't like it
06:09 PM on 01/10/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
No, we're wondering why you don't like it

The video? Let's be real, an announcement about an announcement is just tacky as fuck. Plus add how melodramatic he's acting, just adds more tackiness
06:12 PM on 01/10/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
The video? Let's be real, an announcement about an announcement is just tacky as fuck. Plus add how melodramatic he's acting, just adds more tackiness
Nah, about JT in general
06:33 PM on 01/10/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Nah, about JT in general

In my eyes, he's always been a fucking douchebag.

- I hate how he basically threw Janet Jackson under the bus after the whole nip-slip fiasco. He should've been a man and stepped up to defend her (he always said she was a friend and an idol of his) but instead he did nothing. Now her career isn't the same as it used to be.

- I hate he had the audacity to randomly diss Prince. Prince? Bitch, how are you gonna diss Prince? He has more talent in one of his platform shoes

- I hate how he acted like a total victim after he and Brit broke up, and in the Cry Me A River (a song I actually think is good) video he wanted to basically brand her as a cheater. I don't believe his victim act for a second. He was in one of the biggest boybands of all time, with hundreds of women basically throwing themselves at him, and he wants to act like he was faithful the whole time? Bullshit. Especially with the shit I hear One Direction apparently do, and how he was supposedly fooling around with Scarlet Johansen while he was with Cameron D/Jessica? (idk which one) I don't believe it at all.

- I think his music is alright, but in no way do I think it changed Pop. Plus Nelly Furtado's 'Loose' (produced by Timbaland) and Britney's 'Blackout' (produced by Timbaland's protege Danja) did more for Pop. Like Justin Bieber, I have a feeling people only like him because he appropriated black culture (aka- White boy does some R&B, and all of a sudden it's revolutionary!)

- And the latest situation with the homeless people/wedding video and his half-ass apology just added more fuel.

Yeah my hate for him may seem a little irrational but

06:34 PM on 01/10/13
Nth Degree
Love the Future
User Info.
My mood just escalated after watching that video! So pumped!
07:21 PM on 01/10/13
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
Fuck yes!
08:57 PM on 01/10/13
leftapart
User Info.
oh, right.
09:39 PM on 01/10/13
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I laughed at this for a good five minutes and I don't know why.
10:44 PM on 01/10/13
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.
- I think his music is alright, but in no way do I think it changed Pop. Plus Nelly Furtado's 'Loose' (produced by Timbaland) and Britney's 'Blackout' (produced by Timbaland's protege Danja) did more for Pop. Like Justin Bieber, I have a feeling people only like him because he appropriated black culture (aka- White boy does some R&B, and all of a sudden it's revolutionary!)
How did Blackout and Loose help pop more than Justin's album? I love Nelly but all Timbaland did was make her a little more mainstream and take her folk-pop sound to a different height. It's nothing revolutionary. And Blackout was a generic pop album. Not her best, that's for damn sure.
As for the comment about people liking Justin Timberlake for being a white guy who sings R&B, as an African American/black female, I loved NSYNC since they debuted. NSYNC always had an R&B/pop sound (way more than BSB). When JT went solo, he perfected his sound with the help of Pharrell (who has worked with pop artists) and it blossomed with Tim. You can't forget that Bieber was signed by Usher (or discovered by him. something to that effect) so of course Bieb will have some R&B influences.
IDK, something about that that statement "people only like him because he appropriated black culture" struck a nerve and caused this rant at 1am.
11:07 PM on 01/10/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
How did Blackout and Loose help pop more than Justin's album? I love Nelly but all Timbaland did was make her a little more mainstream and take her folk-pop sound to a different height. It's nothing revolutionary. And Blackout was a generic pop album. Not her best, that's for damn sure.
As for the comment about people liking Justin Timberlake for being a white guy who sings R&B, as an African American/black female, I loved NSYNC since they debuted. NSYNC always had an R&B/pop sound (way more than BSB). When JT went solo, he perfected his sound with the help of Pharrell (who has worked with pop artists) and it blossomed with Tim. You can't forget that Bieber was signed by Usher (or discovered by him. something to that effect) so of course Bieb will have some R&B influences.
IDK, something about that that statement "people only like him because he appropriated black culture" struck a nerve and caused this rant at 1am.
omg but Blackout is amazing! My favorite Britney album of all time. So underrated. It's fantastic

I disagree that all Justin's appeal is because he appropriated black culture, but I think I kinda get what he's saying? I mean, I've heard people say stuff like that about Amy Winehouse and Christina Aguilera. I remember watching some VH1 show or something where they were praising Xtina and Amy for being "skinny white girls" but sounding like "big black women." I can see the annoyance in that, since some people pretty much praise them for "sounding black" but being white. I don't know if that happens to Justin, or know Justin's music well enough to really speak on that in regards to him though. I'm more a casual listener of him (though Cry Me A River is my jam). Idek if that's what Who Is Ryan? meant or not. I can't speak on that either haha. Just butting in.
11:28 PM on 01/10/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
06:16 AM on 01/11/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Thanks, I thought it was well placed haha.
07:13 AM on 01/11/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Oh yes
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles