Username
Password
Amazon News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 49.
10:12 AM on 01/10/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
It appears to be only CDs that they'd deemed eligible for AutoRip, not every CD? That's what they seemed to say in the video, unless they have other information somewhere else that I'm missing.
10:13 AM on 01/10/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Go to the cloud player ... it worked for me without doing anything:

oh shit! you are correct
10:17 AM on 01/10/13
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
User Info.
This is awesome. Just bought Vacationer recently from Amazon, but I guess it's not eligible since it wasn't one of the ones added to my Cloud Player.
10:24 AM on 01/10/13
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
This doesn't benefit me in any way, but this fucking rules.

Next stop, no more physical media production / waste to the environment.
10:28 AM on 01/10/13
RandomGui
SESAME STREET HARDCORE CREW
User Info.
Next stop, no more physical media production / waste to the environment.
I don't see a complete halt to physical media production. The vinyl record market is booming because people relish the physical feel of owning an album, and always have. We may stop mass producing CDs at some stage and they may become a specialty good, but people will always have a desire for a tangible experience.
10:29 AM on 01/10/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Interesting. I wonder what the thought process was. Ripping CDs to computers is easy enough that I would think that most people who wanted digital versions of their CDs would have done that. I guess it's good for new purchases (waiting for the CD to come in the mail)
Buy the CD to give as a gift, get the MP3 for yourself? (I like having the physical copy, but this is how some people will roll)
10:35 AM on 01/10/13
Jason949
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rad service to offer, just curious how many customers will actually take advantage of it
10:59 AM on 01/10/13
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
User Info.
Damn, it looks like they not only did "AutoRip", but gave me some Amazon MP3 bonus tracks and retroactively added stuff to my cloud (which is awesome, cause I lost some of this stuff). It looks like stuff purchased prior to the cloud's development gets added automatically.
11:04 AM on 01/10/13
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Alright, now let's go in reverse, Amazon. Send me the vinyl of any mp3 album I've bought from you.
11:08 AM on 01/10/13
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
I guess it will take ages for this to get to Germany (if they ever implement it here... Amazon.de still doesn't sell movie downloads). Also, that dude in the video is incredibly annoying. He's trying too hard to be funny.
11:35 AM on 01/10/13
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Wow, this is awesome. I hope they add this feature in for vinyl soon.
11:54 AM on 01/10/13
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
absolutely, going from all books retailer into a digital mongol is pretty impressive
That word doesn't mean what you think it does. You meant mogul.
12:02 PM on 01/10/13
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
Totally awesome.
12:06 PM on 01/10/13
screwtape
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Amazon is by far my favorite company. They continuously take chances and provide the customer with great service. Now if only they would do this with books. I'd love to have all the hardcovers I purchased through them show up on my Kindle.
12:39 PM on 01/10/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
This makes sense, especially when new Macs for example don't even have CD readers.

It pretty much extends the duration of the audio cd as a format, much like vinyl with download cards.

Buy the CD to give as a gift, get the MP3 for yourself? (I like having the physical copy, but this is how some people will roll)
Great idea as well. Although if I bought a CD for any of my friends they'd all be like "who still buys music?"
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests