Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
02:57 PM on 01/10/13
misguidedmugen
one of the few
User Info.
I would have to say my favorite track from the EP is Running Out Of Places To Go. Not only are The Swellers my favorite band, but they are such a huge influence on my life. The song in my eyes shows anger at first, and then it's so sad, yet in a very small piece of it, there is hope and happiness. Touring is tough, and Nick shows that in his voice and the lyrics that sometimes they are just tired of it all and aren't sure it's worth it. They're only human after all, and to hear in a song that they themselves aren't sure it's worth it to continue, as a die hard Swellers fan, is hard. If the band called it quits today I'd be sad as hell, but if it meant the guys being happy I'd be all for it. As the song continues Nick sheds light on how he can't even remember the difference between his bed and all the places he's slept while on the road, he then thanks everyone for their hospitality. Like...WHAT? you're thanking us?! When I heard that...I could more than relate, as I had The Swellers stay at my house after the Fall AP Tour date in Philly. So when I heard the line "thank you for letting me into your home", I shuddered and realized just how humble they are. Like...thanking us fans in your song? that is just so rad and such a humble thing. They had other plans fall through and I offered for them to crash at my house, so they did just that. I had met them a handful of times before that, so we weren't strangers, but I couldn't help feel like it was he most awesome thing in the world. Just to be able to help them out in some small way, was more than an amazing thing for me. The next day I offered money to their tour manager for tolls/gas but he denied it! Dudes I'm trying to help! haha. Anyways, hearing the sadness in this song, but then hope at the end, all concluding with the entire band shouting along to end is just perfection. I think about that night I got to see the band perform the songs that have helped me, and then me giving them a place to stay, every single time I hear that song.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests