Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 71
01:07 PM on 01/10/13
peeps2828
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
making waves is my favorite. Love the tempo and the lyrics.The lyrics mean to me don't waste time being around people who are not positive. If some of the people you hang around bring you down, there is no reason to hang around them. There is always an oppurtunity to meet new people that may make your life a better experience.The lyrics also mean to me some people will hate on you if things are going good for you but bad for them. You don't need those kind of people in your life. Surround yourself who are happy for you when things are going good for you. This is an awesome prize package. Met these guys at fest and walked around with Jono before We are the Union played and he was cool as hell.
01:12 PM on 01/10/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Its hard to pick from such a solid EP. I think I have to say, "Let Me In." That lyrics to that song came right at the perfect time for me. Without going into a bad breakup story, it just nailed the emotions I was going through. The line "Im kinda scared to think that being on my own is my future set in stone" made my gut wrench. Then the next line came. "But all I can see is that I'm better off being alone." It made me realize I didn't need to be so down, and that I was much happier being out of a relationship.

That's all I got.
01:12 PM on 01/10/13
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
Really tough call between Making Waves and Running Out Of Places To Go. I just listened to the EP this morning, and I think Making Waves is really cool because, if you're familiar with what the band was going through at the time, it paints a really accurate picture. I really like Running Out... as well because it showcases a talented band making excellent, heartfelt songs that aren't necessarily punk.
01:13 PM on 01/10/13
saradispute
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Super difficult question: The Swellers are my favorite band and, really, every song on ROOPTG is my favorite. I'll probably have to go with the title track, though. The fact is, this band changed my life! They've been my favorite for a good couple of years and to look back at that is crazy: I met literally all of my best friends through our love of this band (hi, Kayla, I see you up there!), they helped me home in on what I wanted to do with my life and helped me on the path to doing that, and frankly, they've helped pull me out of a depression (and kept me from falling into another). I've noticed that seeing them live isn't like seeing any of my other favorite bands live, because being in the crowd, seeing them on stage in front of me, screaming the words of their songs at them and my friends? That is home to me. That is where I belong.

This is a super long and over-detailed comment (my first on the site too, go me), but I'll close with this: "Running Out Of Places To Go" represents wonderfully how much The Swellers mean to me. The song specifically, but the entire EP, too. I owe so much to these guys.
01:22 PM on 01/10/13
NITEOWLVISUALS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Making Waves is probably my favorite. In general the whole record is awesome but the best part is the effort that The Swellers put into releasing this whole album on their own without a Label. I have a lot of respect for those who take matters into their own hands and creating something that they can be proud of and share it with the world. Takes a lot of guts, elbow grease and the right amount of crazy to take the risk for something you truly believe in and putting it on the line. I think thats what Making Waves kind of touches base on. I also think its awesome that the 2 brothers are the backbone of the band. I have 3 brothers of which I see and work with everyday, you don't see a lot of that in todays world. Stoked on these guys and I fully support their cause and look forward to new tours and albums in the future.
01:22 PM on 01/10/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
I really need to listen to this EP more haha. I would try to enter but I'm still content with my Triple Crown Prize Pack from December!
01:30 PM on 01/10/13
JRefrigerated
User Info.
Making Waves was the first song I heard off of the EP, and probably my favorite. Love how it's about them being oppressed (pretty sure from labels), but they're still plugging away and doing their own thing anyway. And all the better for it.
01:30 PM on 01/10/13
AnthonyBTT
User Info.
It would have to be 'Hands' for me. For me this EP was the Swellers saying were here to stay and were not going away just because the other label didn't pan out and were going to do it our way. And to me this song is a direct representation of that. With lyrics 'I'm tired of waiting for something to shake'. Its clear that these guys are serious about what they've said in interviews that they won't be put down. Which is a good thing because I feel the best has yet to come, and with a song like this and the whole EP in general being just a taste, we are in for a treat!
01:50 PM on 01/10/13
Siuta45
Goodbye to sleep
User Info.
Running Out of Places to Go is my favorite track. It helped me transition into college in a new town, away from everyone, and scared. Thank you, Swellers!
01:50 PM on 01/10/13
Lews Therin
User Info.
Running Out of Places to Go was one of the top three EP's released in 2012. I would have to say that the first track, 'Hands,' was my favorite for a couple of reasons. First of all, the drum intro is sick and really sets the tone for the EP. But mainly because the chorus of this song is so catchy that I can't help but sing along every single time. I'm sure their next full-length is going to be killer and possibly their best album. Cheers for putting on this contest.
02:29 PM on 01/10/13
sdcoolguy
User Info.
My favorite is definitely Running Out Of Places To Go. This song, and actually the whole EP, showcases great songwriting. I don't mean just relatable lyrics and cool chord progressions, but actual precise songwriting. They know how to craft chords with melodies, and mix dynamics throughout songs (especially maturing since their punk rock upbringing, where commonly less is more). Every note is there for a reason and nothing is sloppily thrown together.

This song is special because it's an ode to the fans, at least thats what I take away from it. The theme of the EP is being free and realizing independence can be gratifying and relieving in a way. I let the band crash at my apartment last year so the buildup and finale of the song feel like shout outs to me and others who have done the same.

Oh and when he sings "I'll see you all at the bottom" and then the music kicks back in, that gets me every time. What a damn good song.
02:32 PM on 01/10/13
Dubbulous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hands is my favorite song out of "Running Out..." Its fun to sing to, you reproduce it really well live. The video shows you guys doing what u do best, playing music together as friends. That, and Nick is wearing that ridiculous "Pleasant peninsula t-shirt, and that makes me laugh.
02:35 PM on 01/10/13
whoatanzx
User Info.
My favorite song on Running Out of Places To Go would definitely be "Hands". This song has always been so relevant to me. I'm going through a pretty big change in my life and I feel like "Hands" is really helping me to stay positive and strong about things. "I'm tired of waiting for something to shake. We're better than this." That line, and this whole song, reminds me that only I can change things, that I should take control of things that I haven't been in control of for a long time.
02:36 PM on 01/10/13
tomj2006
User Info.
Let me in for sure, because I know Nick was watching the movie and tearing up about the little vampire girl and little boy couldn't be together. So the ability he had to put himself in the little boy's position is just so inspiring. Thank you Nick for making sense out of that movie for me in the form of a song ;)
02:44 PM on 01/10/13
Holaay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Running out of places to go is my favourite, I can't explain as its just one of those songs you love and can't get out of your head. Plus I just love the swellers as every time I think of them I remember the 2 gigs they did in England that me and my best friend went to so I have amazing memories that I wont ever forget! So thats why I love this song so much :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos