Username
Password
Contest News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 71.
04:10 PM on 01/10/13
skyline7107532
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mh... i think it is 'hands', cuz i like the guitarsettings and the guitarsolo so much in that song (:

i'm convinced vinyl sounds much better than mp3....
04:20 PM on 01/10/13
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
User Info.
My favorite song off the ep would be "Running out of places to go". That song describes the Swellers as the hard working band that they are and no matter how shitty things can get for them on tour and everything else that comes with being a band they will always have their fans to give them the support they need. I have witnessed this the past few times they have played shows in ABQ there is always someone willing to give them a place to sleep hence"I'd miss my bed,but I can't remember how it feels compared to yours or any other but thank you for letting me into your home"
04:27 PM on 01/10/13
keelydakangaroo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite song by far is Running Out of Place to Go. In October 2012 I got the opportunity to meet Nick Diener and see The Swellers, and I got to tell Nick how much The Swellers meant to me and how much they had helped me over the past year. Later that night, Nick dedicated that song to me, and it was the nicest and most heartfelt thing anyone had ever done for me in my life. I will never forget what he did for me that night, and I will always hold the meaning of that song in my heart.
04:33 PM on 01/10/13
melrae21
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love the whole EP but I would pick the title song "Running Out of Places to Go" largely because of the lyrics and vocals and the emotions behind them :)
04:33 PM on 01/10/13
JDHD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I gotta go with the title track with this EP, and my reason is more sentimental than anything, i suppose. I fell in love with this band as soon as I heard the first line sung in the Best I Ever Had video (now one of my all time favorite songs). Since then, I have been saying that these guys are the most underrated band out there. To me, they are great artists, not just musicians. I saw them on the AP Tour where there was only one other guy than myself into the songs and screaming every line and that pissed me off to no belief. These guys deserve it all and when I heard the new title track and read all the great reviews, even on Rolling Stone, which I personally don't give much of a shit about as a magazine, I had to smile. I smiled not just because I love the new EP, but because justice is finally being served. I met these guys at that show, and talked to em on twitter. I got their signed poster framed over my desk. They work hard as hell for what they got and deserve it all. Kudos, gentlemen keep making more popular bands look like shit by kicking ass and staying true to your roots.
04:35 PM on 01/10/13
haro17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I chose this song because I think it reflects the band's feelings about leaving Fueled By Ramen. Also, because of the lyrics, "I'll take you to the top and drop you off, I'll never forget you." The entire song is about moving on and becoming a better person. The Swellers are one of the hardest working bands. They have stayed true to their roots, but also have evolved and crafted their sound into something meaningful and beautiful.
04:44 PM on 01/10/13
EclipseOfMusic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's actually hard picking just one, but Running Out of Places to Go has probably got to be my favourite song because of the relatable lyrics. I know how it feels to be a stranger in your own home, your own town, but once you go some place, you feel like it's where you always belonged, like it was exactly where you were meant to be. Like most teenagers, I have questioned my purpose and wondered if what I am doing with my life is actually going to make any sort of difference in the future. Sometimes, I just don't know where I am going, I just know I am going somewhere with the hopes that it is some place lovely. To be honest, anything The Swellers do just evokes so many thought and feelings, I just love that these guys keep coming back with something different and unique. Their songs have definitely made me feel better on some really crappy days.
05:18 PM on 01/10/13
Imperfektion
All I need are sounds of ecstasy.
User Info.
My favorite song off the EP hands down is Running Out Of Places To Go because the lyrics are the most honest and delivered with the most passion. I love the song because it is the most heartfelt because it seems like it's dedicated to the fans who supported them through their hardships and struggles.
05:24 PM on 01/10/13
mikeisforlovers
User Info.
I personally love the song Bad for me. Mostly because it's exactly what I'm going through now, and it's comforting to know that someone is going through the same thing. Letting someone back in and knowing its wrong. If they ever read this, I just want to say thanks?
05:41 PM on 01/10/13
brokebackbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Definitively "Let Me In", it sums up youth as a whole. Even into my mid-to-late 20's it's only music that gets me through the monotony of life and failing loves of the past. More importantly the loss and constant search of that "home" feeling from when I was younger.

I don't expect to get picked, but I hope someone in the band reads this and realizes there are tons of people out there genuinely moved by the art they create. Thank you.
05:44 PM on 01/10/13
JoelZachacki
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I have to choose, my favorite song off the EP would have to be Running Out Of Places To Go for a couple reasons: I love songs that have quiet & slow beginnings, but big finishes, kinda like Me vs. Maradoa vs. Elvis off of Brand New's Deja Entendu, that one's a little different, but you get the point if you know the song, and because I think the lyrics at the end (I miss my bed, but I can't remember how it feels compared to yours or any other, but thank you for letting me into your home. I was running out of places to go!") are so meaningful, and describe the band perfectly, and how they're such an underrated punk band that still does what they do, and they do it well, even with their unfortunate lack of popularity and the fact that they have to sleep on friend's floors when they're on tour. Just an amazing song. I've had it on repeat today thanks to the contest :)
06:24 PM on 01/10/13
nfgluvr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hands! it's so catchy.
06:33 PM on 01/10/13
POSIxNICK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite song from Running Out Of Places To Go is Hands. Although it is a very difficult decision to just pick one favorite, this song is the one that sticks out most to me. The message of not just waiting around for something to change and taking charge of your own life is something that has really applied to me lately and this song has helped me with that. Not only does it have a great message but it is backed up by the instrumentals behind it. As always Nick makes everyone of his lyrics sound important by the amount of emotion he puts behind his singing. Not only is this one of my favorite songs off of the EP, it is one of my favorite songs of the year.
06:56 PM on 01/10/13
reesie17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
making waves! this song (and the whole EP) helps me get through math homework, without it my life would be incomplete!
07:05 PM on 01/10/13
cwmartin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let Me In. I can and have listened to it once a day for the past 2 weeks.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests