Username
Password
Sold! News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Sold!
Inside AP.net

Star Wars Episode 1 Soundtrack Being Pressed on Vinyl

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/10/13)
The soundtrack for Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace is being pressed on vinyl by I Am Shark. There's five different variants and you can now pre-order the release on their webstore.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
12:01 AM on 01/11/13
InExile
AOTY: Broad Shoulders by Dikembe
User Info.
I had to get the Hyperdrive version, that is just...too sick.
12:02 AM on 01/11/13
dontsneeze
User Info.
Won't buy this, but there are some really cool colors.

Also:
Quote:
NOTE: If you are not happy with the final manufactured colored of the vinyl records, and it didn't match your expectations or photo samples released during pre-orders, FUCK OFF! It's hard enough running an independent label.

Guy running this sounds like a huge dick. I understand he has a tough job, but why the hell would you buy from someone like this? He could say the exact same thing without telling his customers to fuck off.
12:07 AM on 01/11/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I had to get the Hyperdrive version, that is just...too sick.
Personally I think the Obi-Wan looks super sick.
12:10 AM on 01/11/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
How exactly does this work? Did he get the rights from the original record label or whatever? I don't really know how soundtracks/scores work necessarily but this seems kind of odd coming from an independent label.
12:32 AM on 01/11/13
craigisashark
craigisashark
User Info.

Also:

Guy running this sounds like a huge dick. I understand he has a tough job, but why the hell would you buy from someone like this? He could say the exact same thing without telling his customers to fuck off.
i am a huge dick. but i loooooovvvvveeee star wars
12:33 AM on 01/11/13
craigisashark
craigisashark
User Info.
How exactly does this work? Did he get the rights from the original record label or whatever? I don't really know how soundtracks/scores work necessarily but this seems kind of odd coming from an independent label.
yes i licensed through sony and lucasfilm together. super long process but all worth it to be able to bring this project to life!
12:40 AM on 01/11/13
Kid Defender
Typo
User Info.

Also:

I agree, all around.
12:47 AM on 01/11/13
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
BUUUUUUUUUUM.....BUM BUUUUUUUUUM....

BUM BUM BUHBUHBUM BUM BUM BUHBUHBUM BUM BUM BUHBUHBUM BUM BUM BUHBUHBUM
12:47 AM on 01/11/13
Symphonicaxiom
User Info.
in other news...jar jar is stoked
12:52 AM on 01/11/13
dontsneeze
User Info.
i am a huge dick. but i loooooovvvvveeee star wars
That's fine, but you come across as a seller who doesn't give a flying fuck about the customer. Why not put a disclaimer such as "due to the special coloring process, your record will be unique and will likely vary from the picture" instead? The "fuck off" in capital letters is very aggressive and confrontational to someone you want to give you money.

That said, the final product looks fucking awesome. And nice work getting the license. I imagine that was a nightmare.
12:55 AM on 01/11/13
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
hmmm the only song I really like from the Phantom Menace soundtrack is Duel of the Fates.
01:03 AM on 01/11/13
Symphonicaxiom
User Info.
hmmm the only song I really like from the Phantom Menace soundtrack is Duel of the Fates.
One of the best climax pieces ever written for a soundtrack...it's a shame the movie is such a god-awful heap of cat-vomit. Swill upon swill.
01:08 AM on 01/11/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Surprised to see so many people excited about this. Then again, maybe the soundtrack is more epic than I remember- I wouldn't know, I've watched the movie as little as possible given how it's such a fucking eye-sore.
01:23 AM on 01/11/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
yes i licensed through sony and lucasfilm together. super long process but all worth it to be able to bring this project to life!
Wow, that's actually really cool. The paperwork alone must have been insane haha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests