AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:55 PM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
blackwitababy
Tralfamadorian
I like how calling Pan's Labyrinth "El laberinto del fauno" is supposed to make it seem more ~exotic~ and ~foreign~.

Also, every movie you named is either pretty highly acclaimed in the mainstream West or pretty popular among teenagers on tumblr.

Also, some of those movies are really bad.

They were trying to name some movies that people who usually aren't interested in foreign films might like. The only film they listed I do not like is Battle Royale. Either way, who gives a damn if the movies are acclaimed in the mainstream? The mainstream gets it right quite a bit. It isn't like the tag automatically means the film is bad.
03:03 PM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
Chicago
Male
They were trying to name some movies that people who usually aren't interested in foreign films might like. The only film they listed I do not like is Battle Royale. Either way, who gives a damn if the movies are acclaimed in the mainstream? The mainstream gets it right quite a bit. It isn't like the tag automatically means the film is bad.

My point is, those aren't exactly "Guys, srsly, there are hidden gems in the world of foreign film, check these out!"
03:39 PM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
blackwitababy
Tralfamadorian
My point is, those aren't exactly "Guys, srsly, there are hidden gems in the world of foreign film, check these out!"

I see but I think films like City of God or Oldboy might be unknown to anyone who doesn't follow cinema that closely.
04:22 PM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
Male - 27 Years Old
Ted staring family guy soooooo good!
03:28 AM on 01/14/13 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
No thank you. I'll take your fellow countrymen, Costa and de Oliveira, instead.

ahah, holy crap I'm surprised! I wasn't expecting anyone on ap.net to know Oliveira, let alone Pedro Costa Do you happen to know Miguel Gomes aswell? He directed 'Tabu' last year and it's a great film.
03:36 AM on 01/14/13 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
I like how calling Pan's Labyrinth "El laberinto del fauno" is supposed to make it seem more ~exotic~ and ~foreign~.

Also, every movie you named is either pretty highly acclaimed in the mainstream West or pretty popular among teenagers on tumblr.

Also, some of those movies are really bad.

Was that directed at me?

I wrote the original names of each film, because I don't know most of their English names. I don't give a shit if it's exotic and foreign. Actually, the film is foreign, and I stated they're all foreign films, so why would that even matter.

Also, most people have not seen those films. They're well know, yeah, but most people haven't watched them. Since there's this prejudice against foreign films, which some people think to be slow and boring, I chose films which are neither slow, or boring.

Also, your opinion is subjective, and I didn't ask for it. Man, you look like such an arrogant asshole.
03:53 AM on 01/14/13 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
ahah, holy crap I'm surprised! I wasn't expecting anyone on ap.net to know Oliveira, let alone Pedro Costa Do you happen to know Miguel Gomes aswell? He directed 'Tabu' last year and it's a great film.
Yes, I think you'll find there are several on AP who know and enjoy the work of those three directors.
04:47 AM on 01/14/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
City of God is a great movie. Been too long
11:12 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
The Shining
01:06 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
The Break-Up
01:26 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
Platoon and Full Metal Jacket amd Apocalypse Now
02:03 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Terminator 3.
02:24 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
I Saw The Devil
02:27 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
02:30 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
ah man... i don't know. i like inception A LOT more than Shutter Island. i think Martin Scorcheese is a hack. he makes such boring movies. with terrible actors on top of it all. like an awful film sunday where someone put bananas on whatever you ordered even though you totally told them you were allergic.

What the fuck

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version