Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts
08:36 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
damn he's going to be dicked around hard by giving out his number.

I guess this is an adequate way to approach this shit storm. HE seems pretty genuine.
I hope not. People can be dicks, but not always.
08:42 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I sure hope Mike is a little nicer when he comes across some gay Middle Easterners.
08:48 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
good riddance you fucking bigot. ups to mattie for posting this video but his use of the word "lifestyle" when referring to homosexuality is still ignorant as fuck.
Ignorant, yeah. But it's the right direction to move in. Racial tolerance took a while too, and we're clearly in the middle of a pivot-generation with regards to attitudes about homosexuality. Guys like Matt Montgomery don't need to be vilified IMO, not even slightly.
08:49 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Mission work in the middle eat? What a stupid idea. First talking shit on gay people, now going to a region that isn't known for their hospitality to try to convert them to Christianity? Good luck.
Maybe he just wants the challenge?

makes it seem like the rest of the band doesn't share the guitarist opinions... i wonder how genuine this is
I'm sure they mostly agree that homosexuality constitutes a sin, but there's a difference between holding that belief and doing, saying, or agreeing completely with what the guitarist tweeted.
08:54 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
i said ups to him. what are you trying to say?
I was going to say "what Keagan said" but you seemed to not understand him either.
To put it in plainer English, your original statement was unnecessarily inflammatory, and it seems that both Keagan and I saw little purpose in your making it.

This was completely unintentional
That's the best part!

I skimmed through the guitarist's statement... glad he "clarified" and I'm sure that most people understood what he meant to say (or should have said instead of the batshit rant), but he had a pretty hateful tone in those tweets. I don't see him recovering.
08:58 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
he never said he didn't agree with what the other dude said, he just circled around it with an apology. interesting for him to give out his number though.
That's because he probably doesn't disagree (at least not with the base point that homosexuality is a sin), but I don't think it matters.

i saw ignorance so i called him ignorant. is that a problem?
Not a big one, but yeah.
It's a "pick your battles" kind of thing, but... diff'rent strokes, you and I disagree.
09:04 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
this isn't a "battle" and im not sure why you're making it out to be one. his statement was ignorant, i said he's ignorant. i give him props for doing this and know he's coming from a great place in his heart. he still said something really ignorant in my eyes.
hahaha okay I'll make it simpler.
I won't speak for Keagan, but I was basically saying "no need to be a dick." Calling him ignorant was unnecessary and I called you out for that ("guys like Matt Montgomery don't need to be vilified right now"), that's all.

Don't worry you're not the only one that feels that way. I know small steps are good but calling homosexuality a lifestyle is completely wrong. Basically it's okay that this guy is bigoted just because he isn't as bigoted as the other guy.
It's not "okay," it's just not the place or time to call him out for it.
We're talking about beliefs that are deeply rooted in these people's psyches. You don't call your kid a disappointment for not winning a Tour de France the day he takes off the training wheels, you acknowledge that it's a time-consuming process and relish in small victories (solidifying bonds across ideologies in the process) before moving forward.
09:10 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
but why is it unnecessary? i mean, its a fact.
For starters, it alienates anyone reading your comment who's struggled with his or her morality and has taken steps in the right direction as a result of this Mike Reynolds thing but isn't quite on the far end of the spectrum you and I are at yet.

But I don't want to have this conversation, because we've both probably had it before and we know it's going to come down to minor ideological variances that aren't worth sniping at each other about.
09:26 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Thanks, bud.
I'm sure by now you can tell that I use strong words when they're not always necessary, sooo i hope there's no hard feelings or anything when we dick around.
09:34 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Good for him, but I wouldn't have posted my number.
THAT'S BECAUSE YOU DON'T LOVE JESUS ENOUGH TO CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULE, BRAH.

edit - this was a stupid comment for me to post. I don't even know who I'm making fun of. Sorry.
09:37 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
It's been a long day and I've had the flu since Tuesday night :\
The past couple of nights, I've just been typing with reckless abandon.
09:42 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Dude hasn't done anything wrong. None of those 4chan/9gag assholes would coordinate any mass trolling on him or anything.
11:44 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
hehehehe

a bunch of cool stuff

You seem cool and in my few years here I've never actually made a "friend" on APnet.
PM me some social network info if you wanna chat or something.
Edit - Tonight I'm kind of loopy because of the combination of my fever and medication, but still.
01:04 PM on 01/12/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News