AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Drama News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 307.
12:40 AM on 01/12/13
henry chinaski
User Info.
I think someone forgot to mention that God isn't real.
12:42 AM on 01/12/13
BobDylanismyman
User Info.
this is a perfect example of how important it is for band members to remember everything they do and say reflects on and falls back on THE BAND, THE BRAND and all of the members in them. Obviously this has been magnified but things like this happen often in different facets. I know a lot of people in here are in bands or are aspiring artists and this is definitely something to keep in mind.
12:55 AM on 01/12/13
BobDylanismyman
User Info.
ps. I'm pretty sure he got kicked the fuck out...
12:56 AM on 01/12/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I hope not. People can be dicks, but not always.
it's probably a go phone and none personal
01:00 AM on 01/12/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
while I believe homosexuality is a sin, what the dude said was wrong. someone who is gay has the right to believe and worship god. every Christian sins.
01:16 AM on 01/12/13
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
^
01:20 AM on 01/12/13
Elvini
User Info.
I just can't believe Mike is pursuing the bible studies as a result of his own decisions. What people forget (maybe because they're Christian) is that For Today is still a business machine that has to sell records and flat out bring in the money. Therefore, to have a person in the band who damages album sales, affect ticket sales and generates bad publicity would be a bad decision business wise. The 'I've been called by God to pursue missionary work' card is just a coverup in my opinion. It would have come across more sincere if he quit te band to pursue this in the 'good times' (like For Today's ex-drummer).
01:29 AM on 01/12/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I still find it funny how all of the band members seem like they would be gay (I'm gay myself and I'm usually quite good at guessing) I bet they all went to those bible camps that supposedly turn you straight. It would make sense as to why the guitarist was so angry about it.
01:41 AM on 01/12/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Huge respect for the guy who made this video, and genuinely trying to ensure that no one was going to be offended by the guitarist's words.
02:08 AM on 01/12/13
kskillzz
User Info.
Has no one noticed he mentions only christian's in his speech? I don't know anything about this band or listen to them but this kind of attitude cant go on anymore
The initial negative comment that sparked this all was only directed at christians so that's why he addressed only christians in his speech. Theres no reason for atheists to feel alienated by the comment "homosexuality is a sin".
03:15 AM on 01/12/13
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
Bible College.
03:24 AM on 01/12/13
Zee-Brah!
Jacked up on Jesus
User Info.
I thought Christcore bands were a dying breed
04:00 AM on 01/12/13
JustAnotherPoet
needs something interesting here
User Info.
You can't make this shit up...
04:25 AM on 01/12/13
xbobbybo
User Info.
The initial negative comment that sparked this all was only directed at christians so that's why he addressed only christians in his speech. Theres no reason for atheists to feel alienated by the comment "homosexuality is a sin".

Yes.
04:42 AM on 01/12/13
isntnikione
I've never heard of you either!
User Info.
I sure hope Mike is a little nicer when he comes across some gay Middle Easterners.
I chuckled very hard. thank you.

But seriously, this guy doesn't need to be indoctrinated any further, if he wants to be a better person, I think he should spent time with LGBTQ kids, find out what it's like for them, how hard it must be... if that doesn't open his eyes, I don't know what would.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests