Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 307
07:43 PM on 01/11/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
I hope not. People can be dicks, but not always.
I hope not too.
07:44 PM on 01/11/13
Chris_B
You Do It So Well
User Info.
he "decided" to leave the band
I laughed
07:45 PM on 01/11/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
good riddance you fucking bigot. ups to mattie for posting this video but his use of the word "lifestyle" when referring to homosexuality is still ignorant as fuck.
07:45 PM on 01/11/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Mission work in the middle east? What a stupid idea. First talking shit on gay people, now going to a region that isn't known for their hospitality to try to convert them to Christianity? Good luck.
07:47 PM on 01/11/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Mattie seems genuine. Other guy is just an asshole.
07:48 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
good riddance you fucking bigot. ups to mattie for posting this video but his use of the word "lifestyle" when referring to homosexuality is still ignorant as fuck.
Ignorant, yeah. But it's the right direction to move in. Racial tolerance took a while too, and we're clearly in the middle of a pivot-generation with regards to attitudes about homosexuality. Guys like Matt Montgomery don't need to be vilified IMO, not even slightly.
07:49 PM on 01/11/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
makes it seem like the rest of the band doesn't share the guitarist opinions... i wonder how genuine this is
07:49 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Mission work in the middle eat? What a stupid idea. First talking shit on gay people, now going to a region that isn't known for their hospitality to try to convert them to Christianity? Good luck.
Maybe he just wants the challenge?

makes it seem like the rest of the band doesn't share the guitarist opinions... i wonder how genuine this is
I'm sure they mostly agree that homosexuality constitutes a sin, but there's a difference between holding that belief and doing, saying, or agreeing completely with what the guitarist tweeted.
07:50 PM on 01/11/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
when keeping it real goes wrong
07:50 PM on 01/11/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Ignorant, yeah. But it's the right direction to move in. Racial tolerance took a while too, and we're clearly in the middle of a pivot-generation with regards to attitudes about homosexuality. Guys like Matt Montgomery don't need to be vilified IMO, not even slightly.
i said ups to him. what are you trying to say?
07:51 PM on 01/11/13
tonyC4L
tech-savvy at-risk youth
User Info.
Good riddance to Reynolds, and a really nice response from Montgomery. Hopefully he doesn't get (m)any idiots abusing his gesture to talk over the phone.
07:51 PM on 01/11/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
While you're right, it's a starting point. Lets not deflect the situation on to someone who's trying to make up and make things right for his ignorant ex-guitar players mishaps.
07:52 PM on 01/11/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
While you're right, it's a starting point. Lets not deflect the situation on to someone who's trying to make up and make things right for his ignorant ex-guitar players mishaps.
once again, i said ups to him. what do you want from me? he's ignorant so i said he's ignorant. sorry?
07:53 PM on 01/11/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.

This was completely unintentional
07:54 PM on 01/11/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
i said ups to him. what are you trying to say?
I was going to say "what Keagan said" but you seemed to not understand him either.
To put it in plainer English, your original statement was unnecessarily inflammatory, and it seems that both Keagan and I saw little purpose in your making it.

This was completely unintentional
That's the best part!

I skimmed through the guitarist's statement... glad he "clarified" and I'm sure that most people understood what he meant to say (or should have said instead of the batshit rant), but he had a pretty hateful tone in those tweets. I don't see him recovering.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos