Username
Password

Comments: Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 307 of 307
12:13 AM on 01/14/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Mike is a Bible-believing Christian, so there is no surprise that he believes this. I find nothing wrong with him holding to his convictions. He doesn't hate gay people. He trusts that what the Bible says is true and that an all-knowing God is more trustworthy than man's opinions.

The words in this thread toward Mike are vastly more hate-filled than Mike's tweets.
It also states that getting tattoos and eating shellfish is wrong and yet two members of Mike's band have tattoos and I highly doubt that none of them have ever partaken of seafood before. The fact that a Bible-believing Christian will speak out against homosexuality but then get tattoos when the commandment against such is on the same page as the one against homosexuality is vastly hypocritical, as are many Christians. Either admit there are some fallacies to the Old Testament, or abandon your faith, because what isn't Christian is picking and choosing which words to follow like picking which foods to eat at a buffet.
01:39 AM on 01/14/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
It also states that getting tattoos and eating shellfish is wrong and yet two members of Mike's band have tattoos and I highly doubt that none of them have ever partaken of seafood before. The fact that a Bible-believing Christian will speak out against homosexuality but then get tattoos when the commandment against such is on the same page as the one against homosexuality is vastly hypocritical, as are many Christians. Either admit there are some fallacies to the Old Testament, or abandon your faith, because what isn't Christian is picking and choosing which words to follow like picking which foods to eat at a buffet.

I swear I'm not picking on you, but my general issue with this line of thinking is that it assumes that all Christians don't think hard about their faith or the books (not book) that it's based on. Now, that very well may be slightly justified, because in recent years the members of the global church have shown themselves to be paranoid, sensationalistic, stubborn, and insensitive (personally, I blame capitalism).

However, I would venture a guess to say that for sure those guys know the verses you are mentioning. Now whether or not they have an interpretation and theology of the continuity throughout the Judeo-Christian texts that sufficiently explains the contradictions regarding those subjects is an issue. When asked, they very well may give you a superficial answer about Jesus or the New Covenant, etc. But the statement that they are picking or choosing I believe to be (generally) unfair.
11:42 AM on 01/14/13
growingfungus
eat. sleep. repeat.
User Info.
Christ fulfilled the Old Testament law. Christians aren't bound by the Old Testament law, but free to live a life surrendered to God. We believe that when we accept Christ as our Savior, He gives us new life. Before we were Christians, the thought of surrendering to God sounded ridiculous. Now it consumes us, and we want others to know the love and grace of our Father.

We don't want to condemn anyone, but we trust that God knows best. The Bible also says adultery is wrong, but Jesus didn't condemn the prostitute when the Pharisees wanted to stone her. He told her that He didn't condemn her and "to go and sin no more." He obviously didn't condone her sleeping around with other women's husbands, but He also treated her with grace and love. God has absolute standards, but He also has grace for us when we fall short.

I hope this makes sense.
07:34 PM on 01/14/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Christ fulfilled the Old Testament law. Christians aren't bound by the Old Testament law, but free to live a life surrendered to God. We believe that when we accept Christ as our Savior, He gives us new life. Before we were Christians, the thought of surrendering to God sounded ridiculous. Now it consumes us, and we want others to know the love and grace of our Father.

We don't want to condemn anyone, but we trust that God knows best. The Bible also says adultery is wrong, but Jesus didn't condemn the prostitute when the Pharisees wanted to stone her. He told her that He didn't condemn her and "to go and sin no more." He obviously didn't condone her sleeping around with other women's husbands, but He also treated her with grace and love. God has absolute standards, but He also has grace for us when we fall short.

I hope this makes sense.
It makes sense, but then why would he allow people to be born in the condition that they felt romantic love only towards their own gender, and then label them sinners for it? That's what doesn't make sense anymore than naming one a sinner for shaving all the time, getting lots of tattoos, or enjoying lobster.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos